2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship Scheme For Overseas And Local Award – The PTDF scholarship scheme is the fund’s flagship programme designed to meet the long term capacity building requirements of the Oil and Gas industry through research and training of Nigerians in relevant fields such as:
- Geological Sciences
- Environmental Studies
- Energy Studies
To train Nigerians to qualify as engineers, geologists, environmentalists, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in relevant fields of petroleum and other related sectors at Masters (M.Sc) and Doctoral (PhD) levels.
COMPONENTS OF THE 2018/2019 PTDF SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
- Overseas Scholarship Scheme (OSS)
- Local Scholarship Scheme (LSS)
- Split Site PhD
SCOPE OF THE PTDF SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
- Under the OSS, Scholarships are granted to qualified candidates to study at the Masters and PhD Levels in relevant
fields in top Universities across the Globe
- Under the LSS, Scholarships are granted for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD studies in relevant fields in PTDF
upgraded universities in Nigeria.
- Under the Split Site PhD, Scholarships are granted to candidates to undertake full time PhD degree over three years
and split their PhD study one to two (1:2) between the foreign University and their respective Nigeria University.
Who qualifies to apply?
- For the OSS, all Nigerians with a first degree in relevant fields for Master’s and an MSc degree for PhD/Split Site PhD
- For the LSS, undergraduate students in PTDF upgraded Universities; Masters and PhD students seeking to study at
How to participate in the Scheme?
- You need to purchase a scratch card or a pin number online via an ATM card
- You need to complete an online application form on www.ptdf.gov.ng and be shortlisted for an Aptitude Test
(MSc) or an Interview (PhD).
- For Bsc, you must be a 2nd year student in the Science or Engineering Faculties of one of the PTDF Upgraded
Universities. For more details, please contact the PTDF Coordinator in your University.
What does the Scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers payment of tuition, accommodation, living allowances, field trips, project allowances (LSS) and air tickets.
Deadline of application is December 31st, 2018
Please Note: Candidates with minimum of 2.2 in a related discipline can apply for MSc while candidates with minimum of 2.2 in BSc and Merit i.e PhD grade in their MSc can apply for PhD award. please rebroadcast