2022/2023 Current Hotel Jobs in Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja – There are many job opening for an hotelier, as we now have several hotels in the country with sound amenities. Many guests would rather prefer lodging in hotels than take shelter with strangers or sleep in villages with cold roof leaking houses, mosquito bites and fear of attack by wood lumps.
2022/2023 Hotel Jobs in Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja
Listed below are the available 2022/2023 Hotel Jobs positions in hotels that you can apply for, hotel works have vast fields where applicants can apply for employment it ain’t all about being the receptionist or looking after the guest, room service and what you think there are many other fields including working as a;
- Front Desk Agent
- Dining Room Attendant
- Executive Sous Chef
- Food Runner
- House person
- Complimentary Food Attendant
- Food and Beverage Operations Manager
- Hotel laundry attendant and lots more
Skills Needed to Work in an Hotel
Hotel managers need specific skill sets. People whose skills are imperative, because hotel managers must know how to understand and satisfy the needs of customers and employees alike. Listening skills help hotel managers to determine guest concerns, while customer-service and problem-solving skills give them judgment to choose the best course of action.
To motivate and guide hotel staff and resolve conflicts, leadership and managerial abilities are a must. Plus, hotel managers and in fact all workers juggle every aspect of a property’s operation, from schedules to budgets to human resources, so organizational skills are essential. To ascend to the top hotel job, managers must also have knowledge in sales and marketing, accounting, computer systems and administration.
- a friendly personality and a genuine desire to help and please others;
- the ability to think clearly and make quick decisions;
- numeracy and logistical planning skills;
- a professional manner and a calm, rational approach in hectic situations;
- the ability to balance customer and business priorities;
- flexibility and a ‘can do’ mentality;
- energy and patience;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with speakers of other languages. Language skills may also be an advantage, especially for hotels which are part of an international chain.
2022 Hotel Jobs Requirements
You don’t need an educational qualification to work as a cook, anybody can work as one but you will be drilled and assessed to check if you will be capable of giving customers what they desire, they very best for the money they are willing to spend. Yet, working as a receptionist or in their social fields will demand qualifications like;
- First of all, you must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Front desk jobs are entry-level in nature. Some hotels may insist that applicants have a high school diploma, but education and training beyond that is normally optional.
- Business, marketing and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Budgeting skills
- Social and friendly character to cope with the different calibers of customers you’ll come across.
Although this area of work is open to all graduates and those with an HND, a degree in the following subjects may increase your chances:
- Business with languages;
- Business or management;
- Hotel and hospitality management;
- Travel, tourism or leisure studies.
If you want to work in a particular section of a hotel or hotel group, such as advertising or accounting, you may need a relevant qualification or professional accreditation.
- Some of the management training program run by large hotel groups are for graduate entry only, for which a minimum 2:2 degree is usually required.
- It is possible to enter hotel management without a degree, HND or foundation degree, since employers place a lot of emphasis on relevant experience. A general standard of education is expected but you can work your way up to management through on-the-job training and external qualifications.
- A postgraduate qualification is not normally necessary for entry unless your first degree is in a non-relevant subject or you lack work experience. Masters, diploma and certificate courses in hotel and/or hospitality management are offered at various institutions. Many of these courses are open to graduates from any discipline with little or no experience, as well as non-graduates with significant hotel or managerial experience.
Jobs for hotel managers will grow 8 percent from 2022 to 2023, slower than the average of 14 percent for all jobs. Though the tourism industry will expand, the hotel sector will move toward more limited-service properties with fewer amenities and features to manage. What’s more, hotel operators are scaling back on management to slash costs.
Employment prospects will be best at smaller hotels, which see fewer competitors for management openings. Managers with a four-year degree in hotel management will have the best shot at jobs, especially inside luxury hotels.
Vacancies are usually announced online for interested and qualified applicants who have what it takes to assume the positions in the hotels. You should check in frequently because you won’t want to miss out of any of the opportunity to apply. You may be required to submit your CV online for examination then you’ll be invited for an interview to further check your level of accuracy and all.
- Ensure to include your educational, vocational and other qualifications, these may be an added advantage of gaining employed.
- When applying, do not forget to fill in your personal details carefully.
- If application will be online, then you will not be required to pay any money for whatsoever reasons by the hotel management. Once you see info as like, discard such and flee from such site as some may be fraud.
- You will be required to own an email address where message can be sent to you regarding employment and the rest.
- Keep an optimistic mind; do not get scared when you notice crowds at the interview, you may end up being the only applicants qualified for employment.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about 2022/2023 Hotel Jobs in Abuja and Ikeja, kindly subscribe with your email address to our newsletter.