Abuja Global Shapers Recruitment 2018/2019 is now ongoing. The scheme is to encourage the youth of Nigeria to believe in themselves, cultivate the spirit of volunteerism, community service and patriotism. The teams from the various tertiary institutions are expected to choose a deprived community in Nigeria, identify a project that can be implemented to benefit the community at large, and present a proposal focused on developing/empowering people within that community.
The winning team will have a package $3,500 ($2,500 to implement the community project and $1,000 for participants of the winning team on successful completion of the project).
ABOUT Abuja Global Shapers Recruitment 2018 – Abuja Hub
The Global Shapers Community is a network of city-based Hubs developed and led by young leaders between 20 and 30 years old who want to develop their leadership potential towards serving society. To that end, Hubs undertake local projects to improve their communities of which the Abuja hub has grown to become a visible force in this area within the capital city of Nigeria –Abuja-.
Through the Global Shapers Community, Shapers are provided with opportunities to connect with the worldwide network of Global Shapers, to network with other World Economic Forum communities, and to represent the voice of youth at World Economic Forum events.
The scheme will be facilitated by Global Shapers- Abuja Hub members, with oversight by Selfless for Africa.
PURPOSE OF COMPETITION
1. To encourage young people cultivate the spirit of volunteerism, community service and patriotism.
2. To encourage young people to become change agents within their communities.
3. To instill in young people the spirit of volunteerism, community service and patriotism.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPANTING TERTIARY INSTITUTION
1. Participating institution must be based in Nigeria.
2. Participants from participating tertiary institution must be registered university students.
3. Participants from participating tertiary institution must have an interest in community service and service to humanity.
PROCEDURE FOR PARTICIPATING TERTIARY INSTITUTION
1. Identify a community in Nigeria that needs support.
2. Fill a community service application form on Global Shapers Abuja hub site.
3. Download Team Information and Endorsement form here, fill, scan and send to email@example.com with scanned copy of all team members student ID card.
PART B (ONLY SHORTLISTED INSTITUTIONS)
The three shortlisted institutions will present their proposal in a face-to-face presentation using pictures and videos. Give reasons why Global Shapers- Abuja.
BENEFITS TO WINNING UNIVERSITIES
1. Receive $3,500 ($2,500 to implement the community project and $1,000 for participants of the winning team).
2. Showcase of groups efforts across the sponsor’s communication channels (websites, fundraising events etc.).
3. Souvenirs from Selfless 4 Africa and other partners.
4. A plaque.
1. A plaque.
2. Souvenirs from Selfless4 Africa and other partners.
DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS
Please disbursement of funds will be made in installment through the duration of the project and based on evidence of progress of project.
Abuja Global Shapers Recruitment 2018 Downloads
Interested applicant are to kindly visit www.abujaglobalshapers.org to download the application form online.
Team Information and Endorsement form
For more information, visit the official website via www.abujaglobalshapers.org.