SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Academic & OJT Gas & Oil Metering Trainer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary Work Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
- The role holder will be responsible for training existing and new staff for Energy Field Services, specializing in Metering.
- This will involve delivering training interventions in line with the needs of the business and the individual, liaising with colleges and the wider business and preparing and supporting the individual through to gaining internal and external competency both internal and external. All training must be delivered taking into consideration legal, corporate and branch procedures/policies, including Health & Safety.
- To deliver technical and soft skill training programs to staff both personally and with the support of training colleagues. The role holder will be responsible for designing and developing training modules which support staff progression to competency and will be considered part of the wider group within the Training department.
- This person will oversee the trainee’s progress through the training period within the technical context with the duty and ability to offer advice to the business although not actually manage he trainee through this pathway.
- Qualified to an appropriate level of Meter Fitting with 5 years’ experience
- Holder of Electrical qualifications – B.Sc / B.Eng
- Experienced with practices related to metering services, company operations, polices and procedure
- Should have extensive experience working in the Oil & Gas Services industry as a Trainer.
- Technically competent in all relevant disciplines of Metering,
- Good standard of written and verbal communication
- An assessor qualification or willingness to work towards (A1 Assessor Award, TAQA, CAVA, D32/D33, NVQ Assessor)
- Teaching Qualification or a willingness to work towards (PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, PGDE, 7407, 7307, Certification in Education, QTLS)
- Competent in training existing and new staff for Energy Field Services, specializing in Metering. This will involve delivering training interventions in line with the needs of the business.
- Fully proficient in the use of measurement & calibration tools.
- Fully proficient in metering technology and flow meters is a must.
- Offshore experience working on FPSO’s is critical
- Good knowledge & usage of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- To deliver technical and soft skill training programs to staff both personally and with the support of training colleagues.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online