Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability Assistant (National Position)
Job ID: 200003X0
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To be responsible for working with programme staffs and beneficiaries in managing complaints and feedback in the field as well as maintaining the integrity of information received.
- This role will also involve management of CRM database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of CRM data including complaints received, investigated and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of complaints issues to feedback to the program team during monthly and quarterly meetings/reports.
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: CRM Development, Support, Logistics and Coordination
- Ensure a proper filing system for all the complaints and feedback received through the helplines
- Support in aggregating CRM data from the field to a summary CRM database
- Support in providing detailed summaries of complaints issues for operational meetings and forums.
- Support in identifying complaint and other feedback trends which indicate where the Programs can improve.
- Support in providing ad hoc reports as requested concerning complaints and other Beneficiary feedback.
- Receive and respond to beneficiary complaints under the direction and supervision of Accountability Officer
- Support in following up on complaints and feedback internal referrals with appropriate offices and sectors and respond to raised pending issues
- Support in running / managing helpdesks and community notice boards
Objective 2: Routine Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support on-going monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans and frameworks
- support field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Other duties as directed.
Skills And Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other)
- Candidate must have completed NYSC
- Candidates must have at least a year experience working in a related position in particular Humanitarian experience.
- Formal training in Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management, Core Humanitarian Standard, Data Quality Assurance (DQA) is an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skills and experience conducting data verification, analysis, reporting and monitoring
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Experience managing a CRM process
- Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills are an advantage
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics
- Excellent IT skills
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English languages is required
- Good writing, editing and presentation skills
- Previous experience in facilitating training, workshops and events
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organization and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.