BFREE was founded in 2020 by digital lending executives that were deeply unsatisfied with the existing credit collection infrastructure in emerging markets. Backed by leading African Venture Capital funds we are now reinventing credit collection step by step to make the process more efficient, scalable, and user friendly while giving customers back control over their financial health. 95% of customers in debt rate their experience with BFREE at ‘Good’ or ‘Excellent’ – that’s crazy good.
We currently have operations in Nigeria and Kenya but are aggressively planning to expand to India, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Indonesia, and Thailand over the next months and years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting / Administrative Assistant
- This particular role is to assist BFREE’s Head of Finance with numerous daily accounting activities to assure all customer payables are accurate and promptly processed, proper filing, spreadsheet updates, collate invoices for mailing, faxing and emailing, compiling receipts and invoices for payments, assisting customers promptly with accounting questions, incident reports, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to:
- Collating and mailing, faxing and emailing invoices and statements
- Copy, file, collate a/p, payroll
- Completion of tasks on the month-end close checklist
- Update and maintain various spreadsheets
- Charge credit cards and run daily batches
- Liaise with external accountants on various other tasks
- Assist with payroll
- Review of monthly commissions and discussion with Team Lead’s to correct any errors
- Assist with processing checks for delivery to employees
- Provide administrative support to the accounting department
- Ensuring operational supplies and needs are adequate
- Maintain and manage office administrative expenditure.
- Maintain, verify and rectify customer balances in accounts receivable records.
- Ensure employee expenses are supported with receipts, a valid business expense, within BFREE’s approved reimbursement policy and uploaded timely for reimbursement
- Correspond with customers having long overdue and delinquent balances.
- Check and verify vendor bills before making payment advice.
- Maintain and manage inventory control of materials and supplies.
- Liaise with the local bank when directed by the Head of Finance
- Reconcile bank records with bank statements.
- Provide accounting and administrative support to external audit teams.
- Integrate administrative and accounting functions smoothly.
- Work on various projects, as needed
- Able to work under stress, in a high pace environment, which includes various deadlines
- Understanding of basic spreadsheets, Google docs, Local GAAP mandatory IFRS, XERO and Expensify knowledge, is a plus
- Ability to learn and work proprietary software.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position.
- The Employee may be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested.
Preferred Experience / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Two to three years of related experience and/or training Education and/or Experience
- CPA or other certification is a plus
Other Desired Skills:
- Ability to write detailed information into system and correspondence as necessary
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the client files
- Ability to respond effectively and sensitive to clients, showing respect
- Ability to understand and calculate payments for collections
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Willing to work overtime, only as requested by Head of Finance
- An entrepreneurial mindset is highly desired!
- 20 Minute interview with HR Manager (Introduction & Entrepreneurial potential test )
- 30 Minute Interview with MD (personality fit interview )
- 45 Minute Interview with Head of Finance (technical/personality fit interview).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online