Edgewood Consulting Limited is a Professional Management Consulting, Recruitment and Business Training firm. Our firm provides a wide array of management consultancy services classified into two disciplines Recruitment/HR services, and Training & Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Officer
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
- Monitoring and keeping records of petty cash
- Prepare and process payments in the banking system
- Proper recording of daily transactions into the accounting software program
- Weekly and Monthly reconciliation of cash & bank accounts
- Filling supporting documents at the appropriate time
- Maintain an up-to-date cheque register
- Collating requisitions and getting proper approvals before disbursement
- Handling of statutory payment remittances
- Timely payment of bills, ensuring suppliers & vendors are paid at the appropriate time.
- Timely receipting for payments into the company account.
- Support the organization’s effort in the collation and collection of outstanding payments.
- Monitor all of the organization’s accounts and report outstanding balances on a regular basis
- Assist in the annual audit process and related activities
- Assist with the organization’s procurement process
- Ensure adherence to all major financial rules and regulations especially those stated in the organization’s financial and operations manual.
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial reports.
- Maintain a high degree of safety and confidentiality of the organization’s documents and property in their possession.
- Practices a high level of accountability and integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accounting
- Minimum of 1 year on the job accounting experience
- A Professional Certificate in accounting (ACCA or ICAN)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be versatile in the use of IT systems/office application
- Must have excellent knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel packages).
- Must have previous experience in middle finance/accounting role in a corporate environment.
- Must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology in a multidisciplinary and multi-functional environment.
- Must have knowledge of the application of data processing and terminology as it applies to maintaining financial control and accounting records.
- Must have knowledge of cost accounting and cost funding procedures.
- Must have the ability to collate and organize accounting data, interpret its significance, and prepare accurate financial reports.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Account Officer – Sagamu” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.