Proten International is a tech-driven human capacity development firm with a key interest in providing solutions within the human resource value chain to Clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant HR Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Full responsibility for the planning, execution, management, and administration of the human resources function including Recruitment & Selection, Employee Induction, Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefits (including annual leave and health plans), Performance Review, Training & Development; Disciplinary; and, Absenteeism (including personal time off, sick and compassionate leave) programs, etc.
- This includes preparing and maintaining important confidential employee documentation (for instance offers of employment and disciplinary letters) and records; and, monitoring the success of implemented HR and Staff Handbook policies and suggesting where applicable suitable improvements and other edits.
- Delivering a professional first impression of the company and setting the scene for world-class standards to applicants, candidates, and new recruits.
- Interfacing professionally at all times with candidates and third parties as part of the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Full responsibility for the company’s internal communications involving the creation, preparation, clear dissemination, and management of vital information and literature, typically relating to HR, news, and/or changes, to the staff, in a timely manner.
- Preparing HR reports for Management.
- Administering HR internal control policies and procedures and tracking of company metrics to support and align with corporate objectives.
- Managing and implementing the company’s Career Development Plan including assisting line managers with assessing staff performance; the preparation of quarterly objectives; and, providing support to the coaching and training needs of the team:
- Full responsibility for implementing and policing a disciplined, process-driven culture (working closely with Operations / Admin) including handling change management issues with all colleagues (juniors, peers as well as a senior).
- Direct line managing of junior HR staff (when appointed).
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction, support, and training to direct reports.
- Constantly communicating with all stakeholders to keep them updated, including attending meetings and preparing regular reports for the management team.
- Undertaking any necessary duties to ensure a first-class service is provided always.
- Being an ambassador for the business always.
Key Performance Indicators
- The comprehension and adoption of changes and a new culture by all employees.
- Quality of onboarding process and subsequent standards from new hires.
- Internal process quality.
- Internal customer satisfaction, including an increase in employee engagement and a reduction in staff turnover rates.
- Quality of specific deliverables.
- Graduate degree or equivalent qualification in Human Resources, Administration, or Communications or minimum 3 to five years’ previous HR, internal communications, or office administration experience.
- Must be conversant with Nigerian Labour Laws, Employment Act and other relevant legislations.
- Experienced Microsoft Office user, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experienced database, task management or HR management software user e.g. PeopleSoft, WorkDay.
- Competent Internet, email and Google applications user.
- Sound knowledge of the creative, marketing, entertainment industry within Nigeria.
Candidate Abilities and Personality Profile:
- A strong communicator (written and verbal) who commands attention and has the gravitas to drive new policies, methodologies, and culture.
- An organized and assertive individual who is proactive, creative, and resourceful.
- An outstanding team player and self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Great at staying calm and diplomatic under intense pressure.
- Able to manage own time and prioritize work to ensure deadlines are met and targets achieved, and take personal responsibility for own work and actions.
- Able to work within a secure and confidential environment, maintain confidentiality and demonstrate tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Able to use own initiative and make simple or business-critical decisions as required.
- Clear verbal communicator with excellent telephone manner.
- Able to work accurately with excellent attention to detail at all times.
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Able to develop excellent working relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and a professional manner and approach at all times including an equable temperament and a neat appearance.
- Able to cope well when under pressure from competing priorities, unpredictable requests and interruptions.
- Keenly interested in the creative, marketing, experiential and entertainment industries in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date