The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960, statutorily to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions. The NRCS has its operational structures in its 37 Branches countrywide, one in each State andthe Federal Capital Territory, with over 800,000 volunteers across the 774 Local Government Areas of the Federation.
Our mandate as a National Society is to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, religion or political opinions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer, Logistics
Locations: Calabar, Ogoja-Cross River, Adikpo-Benue, (Takum, Gembu) – Taraba
Employment Type: Contract
Reports to: Technical Officer – Clinical services
Dotted line: Manager – Assistant Coordinator, Procurement and Logistics
- The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
- With support from UNHCR, Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) is implementing ‘Delivering Health and Nutrition Assistance to Cameroon Refugees project’. The project aims to strengthen access and delivery of quality healthcare and nutrition services to 6000 Cameroon refugees and host communities in Benue, CrossRivers and Taraba state of Nigeria. Since the conflict in southern Cameroon began in October 2016, displaced persons cross the border into neighboring Nigeria in search of safety, stability and a better life. As of 31 October 2019, there are more than 46,000 Cameroonian refugees registered in Cross River, Benue, Taraba, and Akwa Ibom States in the south-eastern region of Nigeria.
- NRCS is focusingon strengthening the health care systems in refugees host communities and camps in Benue, Cross Rivers and Taraba Statesthrough support tofree delivery of healthcare to pregnant women, children under 5 years of age, the elderly (above 60years of age) and most vulnerable including but not limited to the disable and mentally ill. The project also supports medical outreach and referral linkages of affected population to national free priority health interventions including but not limited to immunization, HIV care, and sexual and reproductive health in order to improve health outcomes.
- Nigerian Red Cross Society is seeking qualified and committed medical and health care professionals for medical outreach and Primary Health Care services to strengthen and expand the provision of essential health services to refugee population in Benue, Cross Rivers and Taraba States.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide Logistics support to the outreach teamand PHCs focusing on reporting, distribution, storage, and warehousing of commodities
- Provide technical coordination in product selection, quality assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution systems including laboratory logistics.
- Work with the team in developing, maintaining, and improving a logistics management information for PHCs
- Ensure establishment and strengthening of DRF committees at health facilities, settlements and the communities
- Work with the Logistics officerin designing coordinated systems forNRCSto transport health commodities report and forecast delivery times, transport costs and performance to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- Ensure that all documentation for health commodities inthe team is complete and compliant to established standards.
- Monitor disbursements of Medication, drugs and consumables
- He/ She shall also provide mentorship and guidance to health workers in PHCs on LMIS
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Must be registered with Pharmacy Council of Nigeria
- Must possess a valid practicing license
- At least two years’ experience in clinical work or humanitarian settings.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document in PDF format saved with their name to: email@example.com Subject of the mail: Position_State Example: Assistant Technical Officer, Mental Health_Benue State
- Kindly note that applications who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.