Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Back End Supervisor
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Required Travel: Not Required
Job Status: Sourcing
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
- Drives and Controls Back-End Construction activities including Padding and Backfilling, Reinstatement, Tie-In Welding, Cleaning, Gauging, Hydrotesting and drying of Oil & Gas Pipelines.
- Delivers appropriate productivity reports on a timely basis and any others as requested by manager.
- Schedules and conducts team meetings and cross-functional awareness meetings as needed.
- Participates in operational weekly meetings to report issues and provide analysis of work order compliance.
- Directs projects and assignments and all activities related to the achievement of quality work delivery by back end Construction.
- Leads team efforts in data gathering, fact-finding and analysis, and with limited direction, formulate final conclusion, alternatives and recommendations.
- Confer with other department supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between Construction interfaces and pre-commissioning.
- Develops, with limited guidance, project approaches, team staffing and work plan.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Interpret specifications, drawings, job orders, company policies and procedures for workers.
- Keep records of employees’ attendance and hours worked.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, Construction Schedules, and other records and reports to determine construction requirements and to evaluate current construction forecasts and outputs.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Keep management informed, delegate and follow-up on daily tasks, and maintain a clean, safe and secure work environment.
- Collaborating with front-end and back-end operations associates to ensure items in the store are adequately stocked.
- Identifies processes or procedures that require improvement.
- Recommends improvements to EPC Contractor’s, internal processes, and practices.
- Maintains effective relationships with EPC Contractor’s site workers and sub-contractors.
- Helps keep the construction site safe by conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, training and monitoring staff, and understanding all safety and lifting requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate with other Department Supervisors and Assistant Managers to determine the most effective methods for meeting services, operations, and safety objectives.
- Continuously drive efficiencies and be able to teach others the skills needed to maintain effective store operations.
- Communicate upward to keep management informed of concerns, issues, recognitions, and morale.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Experience supporting front-end or back-end operations in a Pipeline construction environment.
- Must work well in large teams with staff members of all backgrounds and skill levels
- Experience directing the efforts on more than one project at a time and have multiple responsibilities across assignments is preferred.
- Strong analytical problem-solving capability.
- Must be proficient with internal policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage routine and complex assignments simultaneously, consistently producing high quality results.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office 2013 (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to provide and/or develop final work products while providing quality control over project work.
- Available to Work shifts and over weekends.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Trained in confined space and OSHA construction safety and advantage.
- Knowledge and experience using computer software.
- Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and reports in mathematical or diagram form and deal with multiple variables.
- Strong analytic capabilities and the ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- An eye for detail and ability to prepare clear and accurate reports.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff of the EPC Contractors.
- Ability to handle the physical aspects of required field work.
- Commitment to safe work practices.
- Proficient knowledge of fall protection and work zone safety.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment as well as under minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel and other job demands.
- Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty responsibilities.
- Knowledge of linear project back end operations preferable.
- BSc (Hons) Minimum Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years as a pipeline construction supervisor
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree Title: BSc (Hons) Minimum Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum Experience: 7 Years
- Other experience: Minimum 7 years as a pipeline construction supervisor
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Operation Monitoring
- Quality Control Analysis
- Time Management
- Management of Personnel Resources
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Written and Spoken English is mandatory
- Supervisory and/or management experience is preferred.
- Experience directing the efforts on more than one activity at a time and have multiple responsibilities across assignments is preferred
Application Closing Date
4th September, 2020.