Workforce Group is a leading provider of end-to-end, integrated and result-focused Business and Human Resource solutions in Nigeria, offering advisory, outsourcing, recruitment and assessment, learning and development, market-entry, technology services and solutions.
From inception in 2004, we have helped clients across diverse industries and sectors such as Financial Services, Telecoms, Oil and Gas, Real Estate, Hospitality, Power, Entertainment, FMCG, etc., to achieve their strategic goals and objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, African Ally
- Breaking into new markets geographically for Workforce Group’s products and services
- Run analysis to inform our market entry decisions (i.e building priority list of clients to target, assessing features preferences)
- Leading business market entry, business development and geographical expansion in Nigeria
- Assess market requirements and conduct rigorous analysis to build our go-to-market strategy for our next markets
- Design market entry roadmap and identify timing implications, resources requirements and project plan
- Lead cross functional projects including Customer Acquisition,Sales,Partnerships,Support,Product, Marketing, Payments, Legal, Finance and Compliance to launch product offerings successfully in a new market
- Work with different lines of business to solve complex issues, identify trade-offs, help them structure the decision making process. Form business opinion on recommended path of action, identified trade offs or creative options
- Present your recommended path of action in a structured way to get buy-in from management team.
- Achieving growth through leveraging and building business relationships with new and existing clients
- Coordinate the company’s business process; develop and implement the commercial strategy for the organization.
- Identify and develop business opportunities, in addition to manage projects from inception to conception.
- Ensure the organization grows in line with the business strategy while maximizing commercial interest and profitability
- Identify opportunities to expand the business through partnership, new business and markets
- Analyse industry sales, marketing, finance and other report to gain insight into how to improve performance and maximize profit
- Maintain sustainable and productive relationships with new and existing clients.
- Assess risk involved with new initiatives
- Negotiate commercial terms for our commercial agreements.
- Deliver all commercial responsibilities required sales agreements and other commercial agreements.
- Work closely with the business development team in developing and delivering long term strategy for each Business Unit.
- Keep abreast of changes in the industry, contract laws and regulations
- To establish partnerships with various organisations
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of our ongoing efforts in advancing the company’s products
- Manage relationships with customers and vendors to build the brand and the business.
- Champion and manage new projects to create stronger partnerships.
- Deliver professional sales presentations to potential partner organizations clients with the ability to persuade and close business
- Build the organizational network through targeted outreach and strong project planning.
- Liaise with partners to solve issues, communicate needs and create synergy.
- Analyze and report on partner initiatives, forecast for strategic changes and report on key metrics
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Business Administration or a similar field preferred
- 6-8 years of work experience, preferably in a top strategy consulting firm.
- Proven ability source for strategic partnerships that have led to increase in revenue and contracts.
- Proven track record of relationship building with individuals, corporate and government entities.
- Proven leadership, problem solving, project management skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Exposure and understanding of marketing channels and strategies.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive programs and/or products.
- Pragmatic operational skills, disciplined and focused on results.
Role Competencies / Skills:
- Ability to take a strategic view of the industry, technology, audience and consumer trends and use this understanding to create a vision and get others to buy into the vision.
- Have a consumer led approach to the world; ability to understand audience trends, consumer insights and learnings.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across different stakeholders.
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others; able to use different influencing techniques to convince stakeholders.
- Ability to transform creative ideas into practical reality; can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
- Ability able to cut through issues and come up with a ‘win-win’ solution.
- Ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience; be transparent and keep people up to speed on issues.
- Able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Priorities and plans activities taking into account all relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resource requirements.
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with high level executives.
- Strong analytical skills (financial, planning, operational).
- Ability to coordinate and support commercial negotiations with multiple third-parties.
- Ability to navigate large partner organizations with multi-stakeholder management and secure their buy-in.
- Ability to see the larger picture and focus on the outcome.
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently with professionals from all levels of the corporate environment.
- Superior organizational skills with strict attention to detail
- A track record of success in overseeing projects from inception to completion and identifying and mitigating risks involved.
- Ability to nurture relationships with clients.
- Great communication, teamwork, leadership and analytical skills.
Personal Attribute & Character:
- Commercially driven thinker who thrives in context of ambiguity and cuts through to focus on long term effective outcomes.
- Energetic, with a high level of initiative and motivation.
- Decisive and delivery focused, with the ability to form goals quickly and impeccable at follow-through.
- Highly organized, approaching work in a structured and methodical way, ensuring that projects get executed on time and to expectations.
- Collaborative; a natural at working inside and across teams in a fast-growth, startup environment.
- Superb communicator, in every scenario, across all stakeholder groups and with all levels of seniority.
- Enjoys being part of and motivating a team to work at the highest level.
- Driven to achieve objectives.
- Excellent organiser and responsive, with attention to detail.
- Thrives on working in a demanding, dynamic and lean organisation.
- Able to work under pressure and to conflicting demands.
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2021.