At The Olive Prime Psychological services (TOPS), we are aware of the dynamics of being human and understand that life can sometimes go beyond your capabilities. Additionally, we understand the role genetics and environmental factors play in our mental health and the ability to cope with life.
Difficult situations do arise, and at such times, we are committed to providing the much needed support to our clients and patients, ensuring that each individual experiences a more realistic, flexible journey to Recovery. Our treatment approach is multidisciplinary and delivered in a safe and comfortable environment with experienced staff that provide specialist services and combine a range of therapeutic interventions.
TOPS became the first Day Hospital addiction and mental health resource center in Nigeria when it opened in Abuja a few years ago. It has since grown to have an inpatient facility in Abuja. TOPS has a robust array of psychological tools and can boast of being one of the few Centers in West Africa that have the latest Psychological Tools like the WISC-V for testing intelligence in younger people. We have a robust Child and Adolescent service. Our Medical Director, Dr. Motunrayo Oyelohunnu, who was appointed MD last year on her return from Canada has a special interest in Child and Adolescent psychiatry and is making sure that investments are made in the organization to cater for the needs of individual and families with young people that have mental and behavioral challenges.
Our Drug rehabilitation program is a blend of both American/Canadian and UK treatment protocols (choosing the best from each service). More importantly we believe in the role of spirituality in treatment, irrespective of your faith. Your spiritual development will be encouraged.
We are now opening a new center in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State. It is an 11 -bedded facility. We have just appointed a new Clinical Director, Dr Ibironke Thomas, who is a Consultant Psychiatrist, Dr Thomas is an experienced clinician and versed in management of all forms of psychiatric Disorders. She was trained in family/systemic treatments by the Meriden Centre at Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation NHS Trust. She is one of the big minds in Quality Service delivery within the mental health space in Nigeria.
The Quality and Managerial service will be led by our newly appointed life coach, Murielle Jean-Michel. Murielle is committed to ensuring the quality of service is same as obtainable in her country in Europe.
TOPS is now a member of the newly formed Intersect Consortium. This is the largest consortium of organizations providing mental and behavioral health treatments in Africa.
We seek to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Psychologist
Locations: Abuja, (Lagos Mainland, Lagos Island), Lagos and Anambra
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Business Development Officer is responsible for identifying new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability, increase visibility of the Organization.
- The Business Development Officer will also be required to identify and diagnose psychological, emotional and behavioral issues in client, develop and implement treatment plans, and converts business opportunities.
Expectations of the role includes the following:
- Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients and ultimately convert them into clients;
- Schedule corporate meetings and presentations with current and prospective clients;
- Communicate, liaise regularly and build constructive referral relationships with all key stakeholders internally and externally;
- Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth while meeting the market’s needs;
- Develop and implement workshops and seminars, with a bid to grow business;
- Conduct marketing research and analyze activities to ensure that the hospital is competitive in the marketplace, on a local and national rating.
- Proposal writing, regularly prepare, review and submit commercial bids and proposals;
- Provide psychological assessment and consultation services
- Work with multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses and social workers, psychiatrists and occupational therapists
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behavior.
- Guide clients in the development of their skills or strategies for dealing with their problems
- Be conversant with different treatment methods like cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectic behavioral therapy, talk therapy, person centered therapy etc.
- Evaluate clients’ physical or mental condition based on review of client information.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans.
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Plan, organize or lead structured programs of counselling, work, study, recreation or social activities for clients
- Psycho educate client on the importance of medication compliance.
Requirements and Experience
- Degree in any Business, Clinical Psychologist, or related Degree.
- 2-4 years’ experience in business development and Counselling
- Business Acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- Proactive problem-solving approach.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to develop and convert business opportunities
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Ability to generate relevant partnership proposals with support from the clinical team.
Application Closing Date
18th October, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.
- Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply.
- Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.