The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant – Administration – SC4
Requisition ID: 142233
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- This job is found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
- In cases where this position support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
- At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities.
- To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
- Managing Mission travel requirements in close coordination with the Area office mission planning team and IOM Hub Accommodation team.
- Processing of Travel Authorizations (TAs/Trip Documents) in WINGS.
- Monitor and review travel claims and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, reasonableness, validity, and conformity with UN Rules.
- Assist with the issuance of Purchase Requisitions (PRs) for all non-food related services for further processing though WFP Procurement Unit.
- Reconcile invoices against the PRs/POs and process for payment.
- Posting of GRN/SESs and maintain a proper record of invoices.
- Manage external hall booking for WFP events, workshops, seminar, training, etc.
- Support in the processing of Guest House Invoicing in WINGSII.
- Assist in maintaining information and documention in other Admin function areas and services including facilities management, travel, protocol related, etc., to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- In addition to General accountabilities: Review of Travel KPIs, Vendor management, Events Management, and Contract Management, Travel planning and Projection.
- Education: Completion of Bachelor’s Degree/HND Preferably in Administration.
- Experience: Two or more years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work and travels management.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Spoken and written English Language is required and basic understanding of Hausa Language.
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian Nationals and holders of Nigerian nationality or have valid Nigerian residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- WFP offers in total 16 weeks Maternity leave to female staff, excluding annual leave and an exciting medical insurance.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.