SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CBM Engineer (M / F)
Location: Port Harcourt, River (Occasional site visits to sites)
Job type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: On demand
Contract duration: TBC
- SPIE NIGERIA Limited is actively looking for CBM Engineers profiles to join its workforce in Nigeria
Your activities will include:
- Contributes to the building of Methods and Support activities within the Maintenance entity.
- Carries out CBM vibration surveys on site as per planning developed by the CBM Lead and issues reports accordingly
- Follows up with site to ensure that all actions arising from the CBM Surveys are promptly closed
- Carries out Lube Oil sampling as per the planning, performs laboratory analysis of the samples as required and issues reports accordingly.
- Advises site on the outcome of the Lube Oil analysis and the actions required to be carried out to ensure equipment availability.
- Reviews and advises and follows up on the acceptable process for Lube Oil management on site.
- Carries out gas leak investigation / surveys on sites and makes estimates of the leakage rates of valves. Also, develops the action plan to close out the leaks on the concerned valves.
- Participates in RAID meetings with HQ and Smart Room and follows up with TADM’s and site to ensure the closure of the actions arising therefrom.
- Assists in vibration analyses and other analyses including all methods related activites as required by the CBM Lead.
- Is in constant liaison with the Smart Room Engineers, Maintenance disciplines TADM’s and Methods Engineers to follow-up actions with regards to the results of the different CBM measurement campaigns.
- Follows up with site on all the corrective actions recommended following analyses to ensure that they are properly implemented.
- Visits site whenever the need arises and physically assists to carry out specialized activities following from CBM results (balancing, alignment, rotor axial position adjustment, proximiter gaps setting, etc.…)
Within the framework of JV Assets FOPS, in the field of Maintenance, the main objectives for job holder are to:
- Perform proper works coordination, activities reporting, equipment condition analysis, in view of maintaining and optimizing the operations and the equipment performance.
- Participate in the preparation and reporting for Maintenance entity activities including issuance of dashboards and reports
- Control and administer the technical and administrative documentation within the Maintenance entity including engineering and vendor technical documentation and ensure update of CMIMS, EDMS, and servers.
- Responsible to ensure that the equipment registers are kept up-to-date and that maintenance records are validated at proper level, properly reported, recorded and maintained in the dedicated data bases.
- Ensure that equipment availability and reliability are at their optimum.
Qualification / Experience Required:
- Education: BSc / BEng in Engineering Vibration ISO Cat II Certification, based on the ISO 18436-3
- Professional experience: 10 years in Oil & Gas environemt
- 5 years experience in Condition Based and Predictive Maintenance
- Experience in maintenance support and especially in field maintenance capacity
- Good knowledge or CBM tools (OROS, Bentley Nevada, OneProd, Allen Bradley, etc…)
- Good knowledge of planning tools, and of CMIMS tools (preferably SAP based)
Minimum level of experience required
- English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency)
Application Closing Date