KPMG Nigeria – Our client plays in the Transport and Logistics Industry, offering haulage, cargo, warehousing, and distribution services. The primary objective is to provide total logistics solutions, improve customer satisfaction, reduce distribution time and transportation costs, eliminate factors that cause inefficiency along with the logistics and supply chain industry.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Job Type: Full time
- The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for oversees strategies, programs and projects to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
- He/ She will provide exemplary leadership, oversee logistics operations. control and reduce logistics and distribution costs while maintaining efficiency and delivery commitments.
Skills and Capabilities
- Monitor and stay abreast of industry, national and global developments, trends and events to ensure that the company is able to maintain and sharpen its competitive positioning and advantage
- Collaborate with the Board to define and articulate the company’s vision and champion the articulation of strategies and plans for achieving it
- Recommend to the Board an annual operation plan and budget that addresses how to implement the approved corporate strategy
- Ensure clear and unambiguous communication of the overall business objectives and strategic direction to the lowest level of the organization
- Provide leadership to direct reports and the entire staff, and ensure a strong relationship between senior management and the Board
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key organizations and investors and champion the formulation of strategic business alliances
- Drive the expansion of the company’s footprint in the industry by expanding the number of customers served
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of effective marketing and customer engagement strategies to achieve sustainable growth in customer base, market share, sales and profit
- Provide leadership in the identification, appraisal and realization of opportunities for investments and new business development
- Ensure prompt implementation of the company’s approved operational plans and ensure that operations are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Provide broad guidelines for the establishment of standards to ensure and measure the performance of the organisation; its departments, and personnel
- Ensure continuous review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities
- Receive and review periodic financial and non-financial reports to effectively monitor and steer the activities of the company to achieve strategic objectives.
- First Degree from a reputable tertiary institution in any related field
- Minimum of 20 years cognate experience, with at least 10 years at executive management level
- MSc or MBA is an added advantage.
- Professional certification is a plus
- Proven experience in business transformation, process improvement and business development
- Proven experience in haulage, cargo, warehousing, and distribution channels
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to link operations performance with the organization goals and objectives.
- Proven experience in establishing a strong performance management culture
- Experience leading and managing a sizeable team.
- Proven experience in transport and logistics industry.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online