KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The individual will have the primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities in the company including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations, ensuring timely provision of reliable financial information and reports to key stakeholders.
- The individual will also ensure efficient implementation of the company’s financial policies and procedures.
Skills and Capabilities
- Provide strategic leadership to the Finance Team
- Implement financial policies in line with approved financial procedures, generally accepted financial/accounting practices and statutory requirements
- Identify key performance indicators and metrics for finance functions in line the with the company’s objectives
- Conduct performance appraisals of the finance team in line with defined KPIs and metrics
- Provide coordination of all corporate finance and accounting activities of the company
- Manage the company’s financial performance through results analyses and establishing control measures
- Coordinate budget preparation and budget performance monitoring in the company
- Make recommendation to the management on the formulation of strategic business plans to minimize financial risks
- Ensure timely preparation of periodic, statutory and management financial reports
- Ensure strict compliance to tax obligations, prompt claim and remittance of taxes
- Coordinate periodic audit review activities by external auditors
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure true representation of the company’s financial position in the Financial Audit Report.
Key Performance Indicators – KPI (Performance Measures & Targets)
- Ensure all capital and operating expenses are already budgeted and approved
- Ensure capital raise, revenue targets and expenditure budgets are met. Target 90%
- Determine the financial viability of (brownfield sites) and make the funds available within xx weeks.
- Maintain a real-time cash spend plan to ensure suitable liquidity position. (What is the measure that the real-time cash spend plan is being maintained?
- Minimum good rating from inspections. All regulator observations 100% resolved within agreed timeline. No sanctions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accountancy or a related field
- Post-graduate Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Minimum of 15 years post graduate relevant experience with minimum of 3 years in senior managerial role in the telecoms industry or in a similar organization
- Professionall qualification from ICAN, CIMA, ACCA is an advantage
- Understanding of the telecoms market in Nigeria and Africa
- Knowledge of financial regulations and reporting
- Knowledge of financial planning and budgetary control
- Knowledge of Audit procedure
- Knowledge of relevant ERP systems
- Good leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to define, develop and articulate strategic business plans
- Excellent accounting and numerical analytical skills
- Superior financial management and corporate reporting skills
- Excellent presentation with good use of Microsoft Office Suites; MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong willed, dedicated and reliable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online