The Cross River State Ministry of Aviation is requesting for applications from suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment in the position below in Cally Air Investment Limited:
Job Title: Chief Pilot
Location: Cross River
Reports To: Director of Flight Operations
- The Chief Pilot (CP) is responsible to the Director of Flight Operations (DFO) to manage the day-to-day safe operation of the fleet with respect to pilot performance and plan and implement processes and strategies that lead to continuous improvements in overall safety, efficiency, punctuality and profitability of the company.
- Management and supervision of all pilots.
- Lead, motivate and develop the pilot team, ensuring consistent high performance with respect to safety, reliability and operational integrity.
- Work to build a culture of ownership and safety around a positive company spirit of caring, trust and mutual respect across all departments and personnel.
- Keep up to date with the commercial operating plan, in particular the introduction of new destinations, and ensure that appropriate operational information exists in all cases.
- Monitor and resolve route related issues through effective auditing and regular updates of the Route Manual.
- Ensure that appropriate flight briefing facilities and management support is available throughout
- Liaise with the Standards/Training function to ensure that the performance of line pilots is properly monitored and that effective
- procedures are in place to mentor and counsel them as appropriate.
- Identify and manage the career aspirations of line pilots and ensure training plans are in place to meet the needs of Flight Operations with respect to their on-going development.
- Maintain close working relations with DFO and Human Resources in actions relating to company policies and management of support staff, administrative staff and flight crew.
- Ensure that aircraft are flown to the required standards, meeting all the applicable internal criteria and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that SOPs meet manufacturer, legislator and operational environmental requirements and manage the process where changes are co-ordinated with other related functions/departments.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements from the NCAA and all other applicable bodies abroad.
- Monitor daily line operation for technical and operational standards and identify activity that is meritorious, unsafe, unpunctual or ineffective and take appropriate follow up action.
- Ensures operations are conducted in accordance with conditions and restrictions of the Air Operator Certificate (AOC), and in compliance with applicable regulations and company standards.
- In conjunction with the DFO, determine that planned flights can be operated in compliance with the terms and conditions of CalyAir’s AOC and over routes and areas for which the aircraft are equipped and capable and the termination or diversion of any flight that may cease to do so.
- Categorization of aerodromes, general and specific operating minima for use in CallyAir’s operations.
- Development of CallyAir’s operating procedures and ensuring that these comply with prevailing regulatory requirements and best safe practice.
- General development, publication and amendment of all Flight Operations Manuals, including the issue of Crew Notices when required.
- Liaising with the NCAA on matters regarding CallyAir’s operating procedures.
- Monitoring to ensure that CallyAir’s aircraft are operated to the required standards.
- Maintaining appropriate manpower within the Flight Operations department and authorizing the recruitment of flight crew, cabin crew and other operations personnel as required.
- Monitoring the investigation of accidents, incidents and occurrences and the development of any recommendations that may arise.
- Promoting safety awareness and actively encouraging open reporting and feedback.
- Liaising with the Quality Department for Audit and Non-Conformance issues.
- Monitor, coordinate and take action on appropriate EFOS reports with respective departments.
- Monitor and take action on Voyage Reports and Commander’s Discretion Reports.
- In conjunction with the DFO and Training Manager, identifying
- candidates for promotion and make recommendations.
- Provide recommendations to the DFO and Training Manager in respect of conversion, remedial and command training programs.
- Managing of flight crew leave and other non-productive time off.
- Provide recommendations to the DFO for management of safety risks and security threats to aircraft operations in the respective defined areas of operation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent technical qualification
- A current type rating on B737CL aircraft
- Minimum of 7 years commercial airline experience.
- Previous experience in an Operations management capacity within a Commercial Airline.
- Sound knowledge of Aircraft Systems and Aircraft Performance principles and applications. B737CL knowledge and experience preferred.
- Proficient in Manufacturers Operations Engineering Software Applications & databases – Boeing BPS / BCOP /AFM-DPI and OPT
- Certificate / License required.
- ATPL, NCAA Class I Medical.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application / CV to “Harrier Global Services Limited” through: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.