Greenville LNG Company Limited is the pioneer Domestic LNG producer in Nigeria with the objective of extending gas supplies to regions not reached by gas pipelines thereby making available a competitive source of energy to boost the economy. Greenville LNG Plant is in Rumuji near Port-Harcourt and has customer locations in Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu, Sokoto, Aba and other cities nationwide.
As a fast-growing company willing to promote the Nigerian Content, we are recruiting suitably qualified Nigerians to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Strategy Officer
Job Code: CSO-2
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
- The Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) will serve as a critical member of the executive management team. In collaboration with the CEO, the CSO will articulate and implement a strategic vision for Greenville that focuses on effective growth;
- The CSO is responsible for formalizing the company’s strategic-planning processes, and leading the development of the strategy, translating it for people across functions and business units, and drive organizational change forging new working relationships and synergies across the organization, and establishing greater transparency and accountability for those people carrying out the company’s strategy.
- Develop, implement, and manage the company growth strategy.
- Liaise and work closely with sales, marketing, procurement, technical, operational departments.
- Plan, implement and manage national and international investment opportunities.
- Create, implement, and manage the company’s business plan.
- Develop, implement, and manage sales forecasting activities, targets, sectors, markets for Nigeria, ECOWAS and other African markets.
- Prepare and present reports for the Board detailing sales, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion and expansion into new territories/markets.
- Review and analyse sales performance against plans to determine effectiveness.
- Give direction to the marketing and sales departments/teams.
- Coordinate sales and marketing campaigns and initiatives to achieve business objective.
- Direct staff, training and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programmes.
- Meet with key clients, governments, to create and develop new relationships for corporate expansion
- Identify and understand client’s business needs and objectives to develop investment opportunities.
- Identify and understand investment opportunities across Africa.
Education and Personal Attributes
- A degree in engineering or related field is required
- Minimum 15 years in the oil and gas sector, with at least 10 years at executive management or board level.
- Experience in both upstream and downstream sectors of oil and gas essential.
- Experience in the power sector and/or renewable energy essential.
- Experience in investments of projects of $100m and greater
- Ability to develop, manage and implement strategy and plans for up to 15 different countries
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and application of a wide range of marketing and sales techniques and concepts
- Enthusiastic and creative.
- Strategic planning skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong motivation, leadership and team management skills
- Analytic ability
- Fluent in English, French and Dutch essential
This position attracts a competitive remuneration package.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Code” as the subject of the email.
- Only applications that meet the relevant qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
- It is not the intention of the position description to limit the scope or accountabilities of the position but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. The aspects mentioned above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirement of the role such variations are common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job.