Workforce Group – Our client, a Multinational in the FMCG industry is recruiting suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Planning Executive
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Commercial Planning / Market
Reports to Position: Manager Commercial Planning
- Our client, a Multinational in the FMCG Industry, is looking to recruit a commercial planning executive. He / she is to provide management and organization with comprehensive analysis and interpretation of key sales performance indicators (Availability, Visibility, Coverage, Strike rate, handling, OOS, trade activities’ analysis, evaluation and providing actionable results, predefined performance indicators etc.) to support strategic decision making for all relevant stakeholders within and outside business affiliate.
- Develop its strategy in order to support decision making process by providing insights and by ensuring error-free up-to-date real time reporting available for the whole commercial organization.
Business insights and reporting:
- Provide Manager commercial planning / Internal and external stakeholders with insights based on KPI reporting of market dynamics.
- Co-ordinate and analyze market data (IMS, Trade channel performance) in order to assist Sales, Commercial and other stakeholders with relevant information based on their current and future business needs with regards to all commercial reporting.
- Support the Manager commercial planning with all business planning processes to identify effective route to market in Lagos Project area in preparation for nationwide roll out in January 2017 based on relevant insights and historic data / reports in 2016.
Commercial intelligence strategy development:
- Provide relevant reports to assist the Manager commercial planning in optimal strategies in order to meet the business needs of all levels within the commercial organization. Track and manage the set KPI’s of all trade channels / partners (wholesale, retail) in order to ensure KPI continuous improvement to support company’s strategic development.
- Actively Participate in the expansion plan by providing daily data reports and consolidation in Line with the census requirements carried out in the key cities Pan Nigeria.
- Assist the Manager commercial planning with relevant business information in regards to Route to market and tracing relative KPI’s set for the sales team in line with the agreed objectives set monthly quarterly and yearly.
Reporting platform development:
- Facilitate reporting platform, design and development and ensure all reporting requirements are collected analysed and reported with relevant insights and actionable steps.
- Prepare retail / wholesale market data analysis: data analysis, reports preparation, reports and conclusions in a manner understandable to various business users merging information from different data sources to find meaningful conclusions.
- Constantly develop and create analytical reporting platforms which would improve sales information quality.
- Continuously analyze effectiveness of existing reporting and analytical systems and tools designed to address company’s business needs
Operational Planning/ Reporting – IMS / RF / OB:
- IMS- Accountable and responsible for reporting the weekly and monthly In-Market sales from Both Distributors, providing relevant information regarding IMS channel performance, Regional contribution and brand contribution in line with the target OB and RF forecast per each period. In line with the requirements of both Internal Stakeholders, and Above market stakeholders.
- Assist the Manager commercial planning in monitoring all Key sales performance indicators (short and long term) in comparison with all relative indexes (OB / RF / LY) by effectively and efficiently using all appropriate sales information from our trade partners.
- Identify opportunities and imminent changes in the projected IMS plans with regards to customer / region / product / channels and constantly keep the sales management informed to facilitate decision making.
- Develop, maintain and constantly enhance appropriate monitoring procedures and tools which would enable fast and error free analysis.
Commercial systems – (TALOS, SAP, GSPR, Distributor systems, WorkPoint, Nielson-answers):
- Assist the commercial team in developing a simple, detailed and flexible system to aid direct sales to the customers, Retail customers and wholesale customers to address and support expansion plan in 2017.
- TALOS – As a Country Back office super user, support the commercial team in development and smooth operation of the sales system, business user’s management and reporting on behalf of the organisation. Responsible for contact with ICON on support issues raised by sales users.
- Having an overview of the application and constantly working with the Developers in identifying relevant Change request required as the business evolves overtime.
- Deep knowledge of commercial system setup to address business needs with creation of relevant reporting of retail performance.
- SAP – Accountable for creating, change and monitoring sales of all organisation’s products direct to our distributors within SAP and monitoring all relevant workflow in regards to sales within SAP. Collaborating with Finance / Supply chain with relevant sales information workflow in regards to invoice generation and materials being maintained within SAP.
- Accountable for raising, monitoring all credit notes with regards to sales within SAP. Working with the commercial business partner to run monthly credit reports to provide the proper reconciliation for Finance for commercial budget spend.
- GSPR IMS Admin & reporting (IMS / RF / OB) – Uploading Full month IMS reports within the Global dashboard and reporting tool (GFRT) for above market users to access relevant information regarding In-Marker sales within Nigeria for market analysis and business needs to provide more information on planning for finance and market needs.
- Distributor system – Work in line with the IS department in debugging and providing relevant business information to the distributors based on the business needs overtime.
- Microsoft SharePoint WorkPoint – Assisting the commercial team in preparing simple and more collaborative way of working and sharing information to relevant stakeholders. Space owner of all commercial contents uploaded in WorkPoint for “Commercial Nigeria”
- Nielson – answers – Assist the commercial team in providing relevant information provided by Nielson and measuring the changes in line with the current performance achieve on a monthly basis.
Tracking & evaluation (Trade programs):
- Wholesale Trade program:
- Accountable for providing the commercial team with monthly evaluation and analysis of the performance of the wholesale trade program in line with the mechanics defined. Making sure the key performance indicators are monitored monthly, reported and providing relevant intelligence report for the stakeholders on performance and budget spend on the scheme.
- In line with the trade mechanics defined for the wholesale trade program, accountable for preparing the evaluation / analysis and performance of the wholesalers in line with the mechanics defined on the monthly wholesale trade program.
- Actively reporting and reevaluating the outcome on the mechanics and measuring the actual performance of the wholesalers in each tier level, across all regions and classification
- Providing relevant changes and classification of each wholesaler participation and actively looking for better ways to improve the mechanics.
- Retail Trade program:
- Accountable for measuring all defined commercial drivers performance in line with the trade mechanics and informing the commercial on the performance achieved on a weekly and monthly period.
- Provide the commercial team with the actual performance and impact of these performance on the overall view.
- Support Field organization with predefined queries and share relevant information regarding performance of all trade activities within the retail channel
- Develop and maintain aligned route plan for the bike sales reps with regards to information provided based on census analysis.
- Prepare a concise inventory management schedule to advise the Manager commercial planning / Trade engagement manager on the stock inventory of our products, promo materials POSM across all our regions within Nigeria.
Commercial Organizational development / Training (Distributors sales team):
- Assist the commercial department in preparation, planning and presentation of adequate training to the distributors sales team, Agencies in line with the organisation’s requirements (c4 trainings, Sales fundamentals …)
- Assist the commercial Organization in cascading relevant and OTJT (on the job training) to address capability development and help improve the capabilities of the sales team.
- Identify skill gaps for sales representatives and implement strategies to cover identified gaps.
Educational Requirements and Functional Skills
- B.Sc / HND in any relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- English – intermediate
- PC – Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) – Advanced User
- Brands: Brand Framework Understanding, Brand Portfolio Understanding, Basic Packaging & Product,
- Trade: Customer Insights Understanding, Channel Knowledge, Trade Marketing Principles, Inventory Management, Territory Expertise
- Business Environment: Code of Conduct Knowledge, Competition Law Understanding, Marketing Code Knowledge, Consumer Insights and Segmentation Principles Understanding, Consumer Engagement Principles Knowledge, Government Relations Understanding, IP Understanding, Basic Principles of Finance & Price Structure.
- Processes & Systems: SAP, Nielsen reports, SFA – TALOS, iSMS, FOT, NewsPage, CI@PM, CPICASSO, GCTS reports, MAP 2.0, IMS reporting – GSPR, Field Planning tool, ERP systems.
- Instruments: 3D trade segmentation, touch point segmentation, LAS segmentation, Census segmentation.
N300,000 – N320,000 / Month
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2021.