The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN) is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication and Infographic Specialist
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Type: Full time
- CCCRN implements projects through a team of 72 experienced health and allied professionals that include clinicians, laboratorians, community workers and health information specialists (see Annex 8 for the organizational organogram).
- CCCRN has established footprints in 14 states of Nigeria with offices in Abuja and Benue, where it has implemented quality public health initiatives and contributed to the global knowledge of effective health solutions in Nigeria.
- CCCRN is the new recipient of the Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA) to increase access to high-quality comprehensive services and strengthen the capacity of families and communities living in target communities to care for and protect the children in their care. The project is implemented in 31 Local Government Areas of Akwa Ibom State and in 10 LGAs of Cross River State.
- The specialist will be responsible for developing quality and visually appealing presentations, content management, communication materials for the ICHSSA 1 through graphic design and web optimization solutions.
- Assess communications needs and priorities for ICHSSA 1, develop communications and outreach strategy based on CCCRN corporate communications strategy;
- Constructive and timely advice to integrate advocacy and communication strategies into all aspects of ICHSSA 1 activities;
- Propose and implement ICHSSA 1 outreach activities such as dialogues, roundtables, panel discussions, and joint events with project partners;
- Develop and maintain contacts with USAID, government officials, NGOs, journalists and other key policy-makers and identify targets of opportunity and vehicles to communicate with these constituencies; and
- Design and maintain outreach list to remain in contact with key audiences
- Develop infographics using supplied data to present core messages and organize complex information into visual representations for ICHSSA 1-supported state
- Deliver creative infographics and technical solutions for print, electronic and animated presentations.
- Deliver high-quality photographs and videos, maps, charts, information graphics and branding to support project documentation.
- Develop the visual design taking into consideration typography, iconography, layout and brand identity
- Conceptualize and execute creative graphic design and layout for research, presentations, scorecards and communiques to Stakeholders
- Perform other tasks assigned to him/her by ICHSSA 1 Project Management Team.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Director of Programs, technical staff, Administrative Officers
- External: State Ministry of Health, State Ministry of Women Affairs, Community-based Organizations, Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget, State Primary Health Care Development Agency, Ministry of Local Government, USAID Implementing Partners, community and youth-led structures, caregivers and household heads.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing, IT, Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Must possess knowledge of graphic design software and tools including Adobe Creative Cloud: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint
- 2-3+ years of experience in professional commercial design
- Experience work in the health sector will be an added advantage
- Must have a strategic understanding of marketing/communication/social media campaigns in order to recommend and incorporate visual communications. Adaptive design eye, attention to detail, creative thinking skills, and a strong sense of concept development.
- Ability to handle concurrent projects and multi-task.
- A portfolio of past works is required.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required, with fluency in either of the local languages in Cross River and Akwa Ibom
Application Closing Date
Friday, 10th July, 2020 Midnight
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single MS Word document) to: email@example.com. using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
- Applications should be submitted with evidence of related work (ie. Samples, reports of previous work).
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.