Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peacebuilding programming. The Faith-Based Action for Scaling up Testing and Treatment for the Epidemic Response (FASTER) is a US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded multi-country project designed to accelerate progress in paediatric HIV diagnosis and treatment in four countries with high unmet need for child and adolescent ART: Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia. It is a partnership between government, civil society organizations (CSOs), private sector actors, and FBOs to catalyze progress towards achieving the 95-95-95 targets by addressing structural barriers to paediatric testing and treatment, expanding innovation, and scaling up what works. Catholic Relief Services (CRS) leads the FASTER consortium which includes Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI). In Nigeria, FASTER will be implemented in Benue, Delta, Enugu, Imo, Lagos, Nasarawa, Rivers states and the Federal Capital Territory
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Services to Develop Religious Leaders Sermon Curriculum on HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment on CRS Nigeria’s FASTER Project
- To develop the religious leader’s sermon curriculum on HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment.
- This is a curriculum that will be used for the training of religious leaders on HIV Prevention, Care and Support with a focus on the pediatric and adolescent population. Focus of the curriculum will be on messages targeting HIV testing and strategies to increase case finding, linkage and referral to treatment and care, viral load testing and suppression, HIV status disclosure and stigma reduction. Guidelines on the use of religious centre-based strategies such as baby showers will also be included in the curriculum.
- The use of monitoring tools and supportive supervisory visits by CRS and its partner FBOs will also be highlighted.
- 28 working days. The first 14days shall be used to produce the first draft of the curriculum which will be reviewed by a core team and the last 14 days shall be used for the modification of the first draft after the inputs from the FASTER core team.
- The consultant MUST have a track record in the development of manuals and curriculum especially on HIV/AIDS programs in the last three years.
- The consultant must have a minimum of MBBS degree, MPH or its equivalent will be an additional advantage with 5 years’ experience in HIV program implementation.
- CRS will pay a consultancy fee based upon a mutually agreeable daily consultancy rate. Logistics for field trips will be arranged separately. CRS will reimburse operational and logistical costs if they are identified and approved by the Consultancy Manager in advance.
- Please note that CRS will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% or 10% withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees for individuals or organizations in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
Application Closing Date
3rd September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified individuals are to submit an expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed resume as one document in PDF format with a similar HIV/AIDS curriculum or training document that has been developed by the applicant in the past to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title “Consultancy Services to Develop Religious Leaders Sermon Curriculum on HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment” as the subject.
- The EOI should include but not limited to the following: Expected daily rate, personal profile, skills, competencies and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for immediate short-term consultancy plus a copy of such previous work.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender-sensitive programming and management. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- “CRS” recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation