SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Contract Site Representative
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary Work Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
- Working closely with COMPANY’s SITE Head of Maintenance and Inspection, he ensures that contractors Personnel plan Maintenance operations (routine and short-term)
- Advises COMPANY’s superintendent on Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual Maintenance planning, anticipates, plans and requests the logistical means necessary for smooth maintenance operations, taking the various constraints into account when planning and carrying out operations takes part in different daily, weekly and site coordination meetings
- Ensures the Preparation and quality of CONTRACTOR Maintenance reports for submission to the company.
- Ensures the organization and movement of spare parts according to the requirements of Maintenance operations.
- Coordinates all CONTRACTOR’s personnel for the smooth execution of Maintenance Operations.
- Checks and validates the Supervisors’ reports in the CMIMS as well as all technical reports.
- Informs the persons concerned, by appropriate reporting, on the progress of maintenance operations and, if necessary, of difficulties encountered.
- Ensures CONTRACTOR’s Personnel complete and record all handovers. (daily, weekly and rotation),
- Ensures the appropriateness of the operating and maintenance procedures employed by his crews and, if necessary, suggests improvements to COMPANY’s Site Head of Maintenance and Inspection.
- Ensures coordination between maintenance Operations and Preparation teams.
- Keeps an up-to-date list of work that cannot be performed except during outage of specific machines or shutdowns.
- Keeps files of requests for studies of modifications and improvements.
- Suggest corrective measures to COMPANY if a Maintenance backlog threatens to become unmanageable.
- Maintains permanent anticipation on the potential problems that could occur in the production plant, ic close relationship with other sections, in order to prevent non-productive or non-efficient operations.
Team Leading Responsible for his teams on SITE, he particularly:
- Ensures the correct behavior of his teams in accordance with the general safety regulations of the subsidiary and, if need be, takes the necessary corrective measures.
- Organizes the rotation schedules of his teams (administrative and logistical requirements, training logistics, crew changes, etc.)
- Identifies the training needs of his teams and makes training requests as appropriate. Constantly oversee the activities of the training coordinator and ensures the validity of individual certifications required by his colleagues.
- Manages the Nigerian Nationalization plan and proposes all necessary adjustments.
- Ensures that CONTRACTORS Appraisal scheme is applied and COMPANY’s Site Head of Maintenance and Inspection is involved in this process and rates those working in cooperation with his teams after having obtained the opinion
- Required Disciplines: Engineering
- Required Course Of Study: Bachelor of Engineering
- Required Certificate: B.Sc. / B. Eng.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Merchant Navy Master Engineer ticket with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in this position, or Chartered Engineer (A-Levels + 5 years study) or Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent.
- 10 years’ experience in the field of maintenance on oil and gas production installations.
- Knowledge of the principles related to the process and equipment of oil and gas treatment installations.
- Ability to lead and motivate multinational teams.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others.
- Physical ability to work on <> installations in the climatic conditions of the site
- Languages: English necessary (score of >> 3.5 in standard Total test or Bright test or 780 in TOEIC).
- He must have a proven sense of responsibility and a talent for management.
- He must be rigorous and methodical in his approach to operations.
- He must show common sense and be able to anticipate and analyze.
- Natural, flexible authority is essential.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online