Laim Hotel – We are a 5 STAR hotel with the aim of constantly anticipating our customer’s expectations by offering superior services, with exceptional facilities and innovations that consistently exceed these expectations. We are committed to provide our corporate and leisure traveller a consistent warm & friendly guest experience & fond memories through our nurtured/trained staff who experience joy and pride at work while adhering to our social responsibilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Location: Osogbo, Osun
Reports to: Executive Chef
- The cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures.
- Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing work stations
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift.
- Taking orders from wait staff or computerized system
- Cooking order according to food health and safety standards
- Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes
- Handling multiple food orders at one time
- Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive
- Dressing order for presentation
- Ensuring each guest order has the correct food and sides
- Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner
- Storing all food properly
- Sanitizing and cleaning work stations and utensils
- Reordering stock and food supplies
- Monitoring other cooks and team members
- Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed.
- SSCE / GCE / NECO
- Working experience within the hospitality sector will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: Vacancies@laimhotels.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only applicants in Osun State should apply.