Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Credit Risk Senior Analyst, AVP / VP
Job Req ID: 21295632
Job Category: Risk Management
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Collaborating with the Business Heads, as necessary, on an ongoing basis on credit and process related issues.
- Providing training support to junior analysts/RM’s.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the country’s business and risk strategy.
- Co-ordinating the annual ICAAP process with Finance, for the countries that have cut-over to ICAAP in the cluster.
- Timely and good quality initial, interim and annual credit reviews which comply with institutional and regulatory guidelines.
- Acting as the anchor resource in the preparation of adhoc reports as required by external seniors and other global reporting units.
- Analysis of complex transactions, customers and industries including FIs, syndications, acquisitions and other Corporate Finance/Treasury initiatives; giving knowledgeable policy guidance on same.
- Conducting industry credit reviews (ICRs) and Target Market studies
- Obtaining the required credit approvals and ensuring approvals are current
- Early problem recognition, monitoring identified risk triggers and raising credit red flags
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed action steps identified to address credit issues (including issues raised by credit reviewers, Internal Audit, regulators etc)
- Maintaining customer inter-face and developing industry contacts; regular credit calls on customers
- Monitoring events in the local and global environment; understanding of impact on bank’s credit assets
- Undertake special tasks assigned by CRM
- Prepare stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.
- Acting as the back-up to the Country Risk Manager in providing coverage for Nigeria & West Africa with respect to credit reviews cum approvals.
- Coordinate risk trainings of the junior analysts and relationship managers on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge / Experience
- Master’s Degree or Professional qualification.
- Basic training in business accounting and finance
- Attendance of Basic Credit and Intermediate Credit
- Knowledge of institutional and regulatory credit policies
- Industry Knowledge
- Product Knowledge (including Cash Management, Trade, Treasury & Corporate Finance)
- 15 years banking experience.
- Numerate; strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- People Management Skills
- Good industry contacts
- Strong Industry and Markets Knowledge
- Product Knowledge , including but not limited to Cash Management, Trade Finance, Treasury/Derivatives and Corporate Finance.
- Professional accounting certification is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.