The Dangote Group Recruitment 2018-2019 Application Form: The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer, and Steel sector of the economy.
The Dangote Group Limited hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Engineering Trainee
Function/Domain: Organization Development
- We are looking for intelligent, highly motivated candidates who would be willing to work hard, who have the ability to apply common sense in analyzing and resolving problems and who value honesty and integrity.
- The trainees have to work in different departments on a rotational basis so that they can understand the work procedures implied by these departments and understand their roles thoroughly.
- Attending the formal training provided by the organization, noting down the instructions given while training, understanding the theoretical aspects of the organization’s goals and operation.
- Working for both junior and senior level employees of the various department in order to gain required skill and expertise.
Desired Qualifications/Preferred Competencies
- Engineering Graduates/postgraduates in the disciplines of chemical, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation/Control/Automation/Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum of a Second class upper (2:1).
Job Title: Construction Health and Safety Officer
Function/Domain: Constructions (CONS)
- The H&S Officer is an integral part of the Project Site HSE structure.
- He/She will support the HSE Manager to achieve the HSE vision for the Project; The incumbent will enforce compliance and will have an extensive interface with Project operations teams and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop, review and update Project H&S plans and SOPs;
- Monitor changes to H&S legislation and report these to the Project teams;
- Work with the Project in improving H&S targets and relevant leading and lagging H&S KPIs and monitor progress of Project in achieving targets;
- Provide advice to Project management, enhancing awareness of H&S issues likely to have material H&S risk to the Project;
- Assist in identifying training needs and provide relevant training interventions;
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Excellent technical capabilities as well as strong knowledge of Construction H&S
- Possess a style of clear and effective communication, both oral and written.
- Able to differentiate between negligible H&S issues and issues of possible material impact and escalation triggers.
- Negotiation/dispute mitigation skill as well as good presentation skills.+5 years’ operational experience in Heavy Engineering Construction or Oil & Gas Manufacturing Industry and /or Chemical (preferred) including role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant should visit Dangote careers registration portal via www.careers.dangote-group.com/Openings.aspx to apply.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.