Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Deputy General Manager, Social Performance – Ibese Plant
Reference No.: IbesePlantHSE001
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Employment Type: Full time
- We are looking for a competent Deputy General Manager, Social Performance with direct report to the Plant Director and dotted line report to the Senior General Manager, Environment and Social Performance to organize and oversee all social performance operations of our company. Social Performance Personnel will be under your command while you develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain social performance standard.
- As Deputy General Manager, you will have to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will need a strong commitment to social performance rules and knowledge of all social performance threats to our company’s business. Since you will have the Social Performance Department under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills.
- Manage community relations
- Manage relations with Local, State and Federal Governments’ Ministries, Departments and Agencies
- Manage relations with local trade associations or industry groups that impact on the activities of the Company.
- Manage non-technical aspect and community-related issues of day-to-day production impacts of the Company operations
- Manage media relations in collaboration with corporate communications
- Manage land matters including acquisition, compensation, etc.
- Manage general public relations, crisis, protocol, information, conflict and other corporate communication assignments
- Manage any other special assignment/duties as many be assigned by the the Plant Director from time to time
- Manage License to operate
- The Head of the Social Performance Department shall manage the Plant’s relationship host communities and Plant’s External Relations and Social Policies. The Head of Department shall advise DCP Plant’s management on strategies, means and methods to ensuring that her activities and operations are consistent with the Department’s management policies and framework and secure the social license to operate.
- The purpose of this position is to:
- Develop, implement and maintain a consistent strategy on stakeholders engagement establishing cordial relationship with host communities and other relevant stakeholders,
- Establish processes and targets for incorporating social issues management standards into DCP Plant’s business so as to achieve business and corporate objectives.
- Ensure continual reduction of Social Risks associated with DCPs operations, to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP) Manage social impacts and risks to the Plant
- Plan, prepare budget, implement and maintain Community Development Projects (Corporate Social responsibility) • Advise management at all times in handling of all issues of external contents • Champion Social License to Operate by facilitation the acquisition of all Licenses and permits from relevant authorities and renew when due
- Manage, direct and inspire a team of independent professionals in order to achieve Departmental goals
- Manage identification, mapping and proactive engagements with stakeholders
- Negotiate and manage Community Development Agreements (CDA) with communities. Sign off the CDA and obtain regulatory authorities’ approval and renew when due.
- Facilitate the Social Impacts and Risk assessment of the Plant and implementation of mitigating actions. Review periodically.
- Offer specialist advice on social issues management to Dangote Cement Plc Ibese Plant’s management.
- Support the development and implementation of social issues management in line with DCP policies.
- Be responsible for the operations of key environmental issues impacts management such as Waste Management, Natural Resource Management, etc., with host Communities
- Receive and investigate incidences and grievances to identify the root causes and measures to forestall future occurrences. Maintain the grievance register.
- Shall articulate the concept of sustainable environmental, social and community development and positively engage project-affected communities in a responsible manner.
- Collaborate effectively with other Departments in the process of achieving the Department objectives
- Degree in Social Sciences and an MBA
- 15 years working experience
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date