Ibom Specialist Hospital (ISH) is an emerging player in the high-end healthcare sector in Nigeria and is seeking to hire enthusiastic and goat-driven management cadre staff and medical consultants to run its well-equipped hospital facility. It is the flagship hospital of Akwa Ibom State Government located in the South-South region of Nigeria.
Though government owned, the new management shall be expected to work profitably and sustainably independent of, and without encumbrances of, government.
To this end, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Director of Clinical Services and Training
Location: Akwa Ibom
- The Director of Clinical Services and Training shall be responsible for the day-to-day execution of clinical duties in the hospital.
- He shall also be responsible for training and research and ensuring the strict adherence to the highest ethical standards in the hospital. He shall be accountable to the Chief Medical Director and the Board of the hospital.
- He/She shall be expected to meet specific deliverables at specified timelines.
- Successful applicant shall be expected to run clinical services in the hospital, under the direction of the CMD, profitably independent of government and make it the hub of high-end medical care in the country to assist in curbing medical tourism.
Interested persons should possess the following minimum qualification / requirements:
- Basic Medical Degree of MBBS, MBBCh or equivalent registrable with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
- Be at least 12 years post-graduation.
- Be a FelLow of either the National Post-Graduate Medical CoLlege of Nigeria or West African Post-Graduate College or equivalent registrable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Consultant.
- Applicant must not be more than 60 years of age.
- Applicant should be a person of proven integrity with adherence to high ethical standards.
- Applicant must have a good knowledge of, and be versatile in, Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Additional qualification in any of the following: Hospital management, Personnel management, Financial management or business management would be an added advantage
- Cognate experience in the successful management of clinical services in a hospital of similar standard or management of a standard and large private corporation would also be an added advantage.
This includes an accommodation and utility vehicle. Salary for this post is very attractive and negotiable but shall generally follow that of the medical consultants.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 20 copies of Application Letter and Resumé in a sealed envelope to:
The Office of the Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State.
Send an e-copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should enclose a vision statement for the hospital and in particular towards making the hospital run profitably independent of government in not more than 1500 words.
- Only qualified and shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.