Ibom Specialist Hospital (ISH) is an emerging player in the high-end healthcare sector in Nigeria and is seeking to hire enthusiastic and goat-driven management cadre staff and medical consultants to run its well-equipped hospital facility. It is the flagship hospital of Akwa Ibom State Government located in the South-South region of Nigeria.
Though government owned, the new management shall be expected to work profitably and sustainably independent of, and without encumbrances of, government.
To this end, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Director of Corporate Affairs
Location: Akwa Ibom
Duties and Responsibilities
He / She shall be responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing the hospitals market and Public Relations strategy to build relationships and communicate a positive image a the brand of the hospital. Specifically, the Director shall amongst others, be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing appropriate Corporate Affairs strategies, programmes, and policies for all stakeholders to achieve positive image & brand to the external public.
- Managing the production and dissemination of information with targeted publics through appropriate channels in Line with the corpbrate mission and vision.
- Leading the implementation of the hospitals media-relations strategy to enhance goodwill and positive coverage for the hospital.
- Developing and managing an effective Protocol
- Managing the development and implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility programmes.
- Developing and implementing crisis management strategies to alleviate crisis and maintain positive reputation.
- Advising senior management on key strategic communications to uphold a positive image and reputation for the Hospital.
- Develop creative communication and implement digital marketing strategies in line with the hospitals objectives.
- Build brand through relationship management and strategic communications.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders.
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant Bachelors Degree or HND in Communications or Marketing Graduates in our field must possess requisite experience with proven track record. A Masters degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in similar position, i.e. Brand management, marketing, PR and Communications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding in how to use marketing tools and techniques to increase visibility, profile and reputation of an organization.
- Good understanding of the use of social and traditional media.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
- Ability to conduct robust research.
- Strong management and Leadership skills.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems.
- Ability to work under pressure in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Salary for this post is very attractive and negotiable.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 20 copies of Application Letter and Resumé in a sealed envelope to:
The Office of the Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State.
Send an e-copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should enclose a vision statement for the hospital and in particular towards making the hospital run profitably independent of government in not more than 1500 words.
- Only qualified and shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.