The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Banjul, Gambia
Institution: ECOWAS Regional Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERERA)
Grade: G1 / G2 / G3
Department: Regulatory Council
Directorate: Administration, Finance & Human Resources
Division: Administration, Human Resources and Finance
Line Supervisor: Principal Officer, Administration, HR and Finance
- Under the supervision of the Procurement & Administration Officer, the position provides support to Fleet Management & Transport with everyday operations in making sure of the smooth running of the Commission’s fleet of vehicles.
Role And Responsibilities
- Perform the daily preventive maintenance checks before moving a particular vehicle for the first time in the day;
- Monitor consumption of fuel and lubricants by vehicles to ensure their efficient use;
- Initiate timely requests for fuel replenishments;
- Maintain accurate record of fuel/lubricant usage for planning and audit purposes;
- Ensure accurate completion of vehicle log books by drivers;
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned.
- Take / Receive officials and guests to and from the airport or other authorised locations;
- Ensure at destination that the official or guest is safe before leaving him
- Ensure security of goods and persons transported;
- Respond immediately to accident emergencies by notifying emergency response providers;
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Maintains vehicle logs, preventive maintenance schedules and reporting forms;
- Performs daily vehicle maintenance, including gas, oil.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
- West African School Certificate or equivalent certificate with a formal driver training certificate and a valid driver’s license/ certification to operate assigned vehicle;
- 2 years of experience as a driver, preferably for an international organization involving a variety of makes and models of vehicles;
- Working knowledge of traffic rules and regulations, and ability to read and interpret traffic signs and documents such as safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions;
- Maintain a log book;
- Knowledge of defensive driving practices, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions, and protocols of relevance to safety and security of passengers during inclement weather, terrorism events, motor accidents, criminal and violent incidents;
- Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance (e.g. circle check) and ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and minor vehicle repairs.
- Nationals of Gambia or other ECOWAS member-states resident in Gambia.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
- UA7,251.23 USD11,440.99 (Grade G1)
- UA8,644.92 USD13,639.95 (Grade G2)
- UA13,498.75 USD21,298.32 (Grade G3)
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2021.