The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
SVN No.: SVN2020.85
Organizational Unit: Procurement & Logistics (Resource Management Unit)
IOM Classification: G2
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer and direct supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Assistant & the Senior Driver, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Drive IOM vehicle assigned to support the Mission
- Adhere and comply with IOM Driver’s Code of Conduct and Safety & Security Guidelines for Operating IOM Vehicle
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle project is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure the roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior departure for field trips.
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Take proper measurements to reduce potential security threats to IOM staff or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Collect and delivers mail / documents as assigned in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Meet IOM staff members and official guests at the airport and facilitates customs formalities as required.
- Perform any other duties that the supervisor may assign.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School Degree / Certificate from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant driving experience.
- Valid professional license in driving
- Must pass physical and drug screening
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using the “Position Number” as the subject of the email.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2020.85 Abuja. Driver G2.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.