The ECOWAS Graduate Job Recruitment 2022/2023 application requirements and how to apply online. The ECOWAS is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) with a population of about 300 million and an annual economic growth rate of around 6%.
The ECOWAS Commission is one of the eight Regional Economic Communities supporting the African Union to coordinate the implementation of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West African region.
ECOWAS are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
1.) Planning, Policy and Gender Development Officer.
3.) Impact Evaluation Specialist.
5.) Assets Management Specialist 2.
6.) Programme Manager/Specialist (Youth and Sports).
7.) Trauma Surgeon.
8.) Sports Administrator.
9.) Technical Vocational Education and Training Analyst.
10.) Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Youth and Sports).
11.) Gender Specialist.
12.) Mathematics Teacher.
13.) Physics Teacher.
14.) Women Empowerment and Peace Building Specialist.
15.) Chemistry Teacher.
16.) Human Resource Officer.
18.) Food Security, Nutrition and Surveillance Expert.
20.) Assets Management Specialist 1.
Location: Republic of Liberia
Category: ECOWAS International Volunteer
Type of Contract: ECOWAS Volunteers Programme. Non-Family Position
Expected Start Date: 2nd November, 2017.
Duration: One (01) year, renewable (depending on budget availability and satisfactory performance)
- The ECOWAS Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC), was created by the Decision A/DEC.13/01/05 of 19th January 2005 at Accra, Ghana as a specialized Agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
- At the 32nd session of the ECOWAS Summit held in June 2007, the Heads of States and Government adopted a new approach to regional integration by approving a new global vision called the ECOWAS Vision 2020. The principal objective of this vision is to move the Community from an «ECOWAS of States» to an «ECOWAS of Peoples» by the year 2020.
- The EYSDC’s objective is to initiate, develop, coordinate and implement youth and sports programmes within the Community.
- Provide a permanent institutional framework within ECOWAS through which issues related to Youth and Sports activities in the sub-region can be developed and promoted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the management of Ministry of Agriculture fixed assets including agro equipment, vehicles, land irrigation system and plants.
- Coordinate and account for the management of assets across the fifteen counties of Republic of Liberia.
- Develop and manage assets monitoring and tracking system
- Build the capacity of local team in assets management
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture Economics or other related fields
- Five years of experience in Farm Asset Management
- Three to four years of experience in a professional agriculture sales position, production, extension, education or finance position or
- Three to four years of experience in a related field with an agriculture background
- Solid working knowledge of agriculture production
- Prolific analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and resolve day to day management issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of initiative and anticipation
- Knowledge of volunteerism is an asset
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Being proactive and enterprising (taking initiative);
- Good computer skills – Office Suite ;
- Good inter-personalskills
- Perfect command of the English language (written and oral) is mandatory.
- Knowledge of any other official language of ECOWAS (French or Portuguese) will be considered an asset / advantage
Conditions of Service
- An initial contract for 12 months will be offered with a basic Monthly Living Allowance of 412.5 USD or its equivalent in local currency.
- At the beginning of the assignment, and only where applicable, a settling-in grant will be paid, and a resettlement grant will be provided at the end of the assignment.
- A life and health insurance cover for the incumbent of the position will be provided.
- Other conditions of service as stipulated in the EVP management and Administration Manual and handbook of Conditions of service shall apply.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications by email to: email@example.com with the title: “Application for the Post of Assets Management Specialist 1” on the subject line.
Composition of Application
- A signed letter of application/motivation addressed to the EYSDC Director;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting specific skills and experiences of the candidate ;
- Certified copies of certificates, diplomas and work certificates.