Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Equipment and Rigging Supervisor
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
About the Job
- Coordinate and control the work of the dependent team based on rigging and lifting activities assigned, directly overseeing critical lifting operations
- Distribute the equipment and materials to allow the team to perform the assigned activities
- Perform regular maintenance on hardware and software components
- Plan and implement the distribution of materials and equipment to allow the crew to perform the assigned activities
- Ensure total compliance with safety and quality procedures and standards
- Reporting activities and progress to project managers at various points
- Inspection of machinery and erect rigging equipment and cables
- Supervision of riggers and other hoisting specialists.
- Provide rigging plans
- Read work orders, work permits and safety instructions to determine nature and location of work, job instructions, safety requirements, hazard information and evacuation plan.
- Minimum of about five to eight years of relevant experience in the energy industry
- Certification in safety by OSHA is an added advantage.
- Adept in ergonomics principles in the organization of the workplace while manually handling equipment and material.
Application Closing Date