The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Webcruiter ID: 4224202078
Location: Biu, Borno
Reports to: The Area Manager
Full Time / Part-time: Full-time
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of Full Time: 100
Commencement: May, 2020.
Duration: 8 months (One-year renewal)
- NRC is looking for a Field Coordinator in Biu in Borno State, Nigeria. The purpose of the Field Office Coordinator is to supervise and coordinate program and support functions at the Field Office level
- The Field Coordinator is the focal person for NRC in the field office and is responsible to ensure implementation of projects activities with a high level of compliance
- He/she also plays the role of security focal point at the field office level.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods and Food Security; and Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The Field Coordinator reports to: The Area Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC / NIF policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines and donor/auditor requirements as regards to all printed and online publications.
- Line management for project and support functions in the filed location
- Support implementation of projects (including coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the field, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets
- Represent NRC and networking at field office level
- Establish support functions at Biu Field Office in line with NRC standards and in cooperation with Field Officers
- Support Field Support Officers/Assistants in planning and monitoring support functions and coordination of programme activities
- Support Field Officers with coordination of activities with other agencies and stakeholders
- Support Area Manager with planning and budgeting for the Sub Office.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and experience from working in support functions in a humanitarian / recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa (verbal).
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- communicating with impact and respect
- Handling an insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer / Condition
- Commencement: May, 2020.
- Duration: 8 months (One-year renewal)
- Salary / Benefits: According to NRC’s general directions of grade-level 7 steps 1
- Duty Station: Pulka/Gwoza, with frequent travels. Travel outside Biu is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
- This is for Nigeria Nationals only.