Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Analyst Officer
Reference No.: sfh-42146
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Finance & Accounts
- The Finance Analyst Officer will be responsible for analysing financial data and creating financial modelling for decision making.
- She/He will prepare financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a first degree in accounting or finance-related field of study.
- Must also possess a recognized professional accounting qualification.
- Must possess a minimum of three (3 years post-NYSC experience.
- Experience in the FMCG or NGO Sector will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in financial modelling is an added advantage
- She/He must be able to analyse financial data and create financial models for decision making.
- She/He must have the skills using accounting software
Skills and competencies:
- Strong analytical skills
- Data gathering skills
- Good understanding of accounting
- Good communication skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Result Oriented
- Creativity and Innovation
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate-level office software applications, including Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and familiarity with data query/data management tools (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2020.