Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller (Cement Industry)
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking for a result-driven and confident Financial Controller to manage and improve our organization’s financial performance and direct our accounting operations.
- Duties for the Financial Controller will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
- Your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency as a Financial Controller will aid our organization in maintaining positive financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, achieving organizational targets, and developing financial plans that support organizational strategy.
- The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills.
- The noteworthy Financial Controller should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues and promote regulatory compliance such as Occupational Health & Safety.
Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- Preparing Monthly Performance Report first thing every month or cycle as requested with all the explanations and objective evidence of the same
- Ensure that all compliance Statutory requirements including Taxes
- Analyzing financial data and providing guidance to management
- Monitoring and ensuring all internal Controls are sufficient and diligently implemented at all times, advise on any deviation
- Overseeing and preparing income statements
- Participating in budgeting processes
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management to ensure prompt settlement to external & Internal vendors
- Reconcile bank accounts and manage Cash Flow on daily basis and advise
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to Budget
- Evaluating and managing risk
- Coordinating audit processes and follow up on all recommendations until completion
- First Degree or Equivalent in Accounting (Master’s Degree is added advantage)
- Professional Qualifications ACA, ACCA & CPA
- Proven experience in finance management with at least 15 years Post Qualification
- Good communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Auditing experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to relocate anywhere, even in remote locations
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date