Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fireman & Fire Engine Driver
Location: Nigeria – Lagos
Position available for: Both
Fuction / Domain: Health and Safety
Experience in Year(s): 5
Slot: 2 Openings
- Firefighting and Rescue Operations in Hydrocarbon Industry and sustain continuously improve his best performance in fire prevention and fire protection.
- Carry-out routine fire patrol in the Refinery site.
- Ensuring that all emergency and firefighting equipment are in a ready and fit-to-use state at all times.
- Turn out to every fire scene within the terminal and outside the terminal as shall be directed.
- Initiate the firefighting/ fire suppression through the deployment of equipment not limited to the fire engine alone. Carry-out daily routine maintenance checks on the fire appliance, water tanker and other ancillary equipment.
- Responsible for replenishing water and foam compound in the fire appliance after every turn out. Responsible for driving the fire engine/water tanker, to and fro every fire scene and for other operations as shall be directed.
- Participate in salvage and rescue operations to limit loss/injury to equipment and personal during any incident.
- Perform stand-by duties to monitor discharge/loading operations of flammables and volatile chemicals. Conduct fire evacuation drills bi-annually and ensure good awareness of the terminal’s emergency procedures.
- Carry-out other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications / Preferred Competencies
- Holder of Nigerian Certificate of Education / HND.
- Six Month Fire Training certificate from recognized Fire Training Institute of Nigeria
- Candidate must have current Driver’s License for Fire Engine category.
- Satisfactorily demonstration use of firefighting skills with Firefighting Appliances / Fire Tenders.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a large manufacturing industry which has fire protection system including external fire-hydrant system, sprinkler system, foam spray system and firefighting trucks.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- To turnout and fight all types of emergencies like fire, gas leak, spillage, rescue and structural collapse etc.
- To maintain firefighting equipment and installations to its best performance as designed.
- To prevent fire during all identified critical hot jobs
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2020.