SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: FPSO Instrument & Metering Specialist
Location: PHC Office, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary Work Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
Area of Activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
- We are looking for FPSO Instrument & Metering Specialists to join her work force here in Nigeria.
- The Instrument & Metering Specialist provides instrument engineering support for FPSO
- The role provides assurance on technical delivery of the instrument engineering scope provided by the Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning (EPIC) contractor.
- Supports plant operations by managing and maintaining plant metering systems. Supports Projects in specification of metering systems for new facilities
- Provide technical support and act as the focal point for fiscal metering matters;
- Follow up offloading operations with adherence to Company standards and specifications;
- Follow up custody transfer measurement operations and be responsible to issue recalculation reports;
- Operate block valves to correctly align flow meters to cargo tanks or calibration devices;
- Input parameters on flow computers based on calibration and inspection certificates;
- Identify fiscal metering failures, issue technical reports and metering failure notifications as per ANP’s regulation;
- Liaise to superiors and responsible engineer to address anomalies observed on fiscal metering and automation systems and general instrumentation.
Dismantle and Reassemble Instrumentation Equipment:
- Identify potential sources of hazard prior to dismantling
- Use correct procedures and correct method of dismantling.
- Carry out the correct isolation and disconnection procedure.
- Identify, check and prepare components.
- Apply appropriate tests and test equipment to ensure reassembly is correct and effective
Monitor and Maintain theCondition of Instrumentation Equipment:
- Adjust instruments to meet the operating specification
- Make adjustments with minimum disruption to any ongoing activities and minimum waste of resources.
- Monitor and record what has been carried out in work history or log.
Diagnose Faults in Equipment:
- Respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures.
Select appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and apply them methodically
- Carry out Visual, Close and Detailed inspections on ‘Ex’ equipment.
Use the results of inspections to determine the appropriate actions to take.
Record an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history
Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures:
- Unplanned discharges to the environment are identified, halted where possible, and reported according to policy, procedure and regulation.
Relevant PPE is used to deal with unplanned discharges using company procedures.
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure.
Environmental protection and pollution control are enforced effectively with colleagues, subordinates and subcontractors.
- Demonstrate competence during Emergency Response Drills and training exercises.
- Carry out Emergency Response role.
- A relevant Degree in Electrical & Instrumentation or Control & Instrumentation Engineering is essential
- Significant experience gained from an instrument bias E&I or C&I Engineer role is required
- 05+ years of Instrument experience in Oil and Gas Field in FPSO Projects and Rigs, Jack up, Semi-Submersible Drilling Unit, LPG bottling plants, petroleum depot’s,
- At least 3+ years of specific experience as an Instrument Technician on FPSO Projects and Rigs, Jack up, Semi-Submersible Drilling Unit projects
- Qualified in the specialist field of PLC instrumentation and programming
- Experience of process plant operations and maintenance is a must
- Control systems experience is essential.
Candidates must have the following:
- Required Certificate: B. Sc. / B. Eng.
- Required Discipline: Engineering
- Required Course of Study: Bachelors of Engineering.
Minimum Level of Experience Required:
- 6 years or more
- Fully proficient in the use of measurement & calibration tools.
- Fully proficient in metering technology and flow meters is a must.
- Offshore experience working on FPSO’s is critical.
- Good knowledge & usage of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Large experience as Metering Technician onboard of production facilities, preferable FPSOs;
- Knowledge of maintenance management system SAP
- From specification up to implementation of measurement systems for oil, gas and water
- Coordination of technical reviews, investigations on discrepancies and follow up
- Be the focal point for all measurements on a specific asset so that problems are identified and picked up early.
- Ensure maintenance and calibration requirements are met.
- Provide technical guidance on project design criteria and Technical standards.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online