SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: FPSO Rotating Machinery Specialist
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Temporary Work Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
- Rotating Machinery Specialists candidates have to be familiar and experienced with Maintenance of Rotating Equipment/Mechanical Engineering, Gas Turbines, Compressors, Generators, commissioning.
- Execute safe maintenance of Mechanical Rotating Equipment and Machinery, compliant with HSE rules, legislative regulations and international standard.
- Other experiences in design, specification, commissioning and operation/start-up of rotating equipment would be considered added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in equipment specification, technical clarifications, inspection and testing major rotating equipment.
- Working knowledge of the Maintenance Management System, and familiarity with client’s and appropriate international standards. Experienced with the requirements of HAZOP and FIREPRAN studies.
- Capable of managing the link between contractors and the equipment vendors/manufacturer to ensure that the facilities are built in compliance with client’s group standards and HSES Policies.
Candidates must have the following:
- Required Disciplines: Engineering
- Required Course Of Study: Bachelor of Engineering
- Required Certificate: B.Sc. / B. Eng.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- FPSO experience mandatory with at least 5 years of experience
- Valid offshore certificates applicable
- 5 years’ experience on an oil & gas field with at least 3 years at technical support level and at least 2 years in Mechanical maintenance level
- Significant technical design knowledge of offshore plant mechanical equipment.
- Practical knowledge of maintenance and inspection management tools (SAP module PM & MM)
- Relevant and demonstrable knowledge of and experience with mechanical rotating equipment, ranging from turbines, engines, pumps, compressors, equipment packages to design, operation. Maintenance and condition monitoring.
- Conversant with rotating equipment engineering standards
- Significant knowledge and experience of offshore maintenance procedures
- Medically fit to travel to offshore oil & gas platform
- Fluent in English (listening, writing and speaking) and its technical vocabulary.
- Skilled in the use of MS Outlook, Microsoft Office applications, technical report writing and presentation; proven understanding of plant maintenance management; Quality Management & SAP CMMS; proven change capacity and ability to align business goals with the business objectives of the organization, which should be specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-framed (SMART); resilient personality with focus and determination; strong organizational skills essential.
- Discipline focal for input to Class I modification projects executed by Engineering & Construction
- Developer of repair strategy / methods associated with high value turbine machinery, compressors and medium complexity pumps.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online