J-World Ntertainment is an entertainment studio internationally acclaimed for its unique services. At J-World, we professionally operate around music, television, videos, awards and event planning with our location situated in a serene estate in Lekki, Lagos state to provide comfort and security for our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Freelance / Contract Artist Manager / Artists & Repertoire (A&R)
Employment Type: Contract
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Work to actively scout for talent and recommend the artist(s) to the Director to discuss Creative partnership and promotion deals.
- Keeping up with the new trends and new artists in the music industry as they emerge.
- The Head of A&R will spend a lot of time listening to music and attending numerous gigs, visiting clubs, going to showcases, listening to tapes and demo recordings, and watching videos of performing acts.
- Work to negotiate the deal between the artist/Label and brands.
- After contract signing, the Head of A&R ensures the building of a strong stays relationship between the artist/label
- Maintain solid relationships with all artists signed with the Company.
- Play a role in the development of the artist by having a voice in how the artist will be marketed and will help to build a basic promotional foundation for the song or album released.
- For our signed acts, suggest other artists (s) or pair with songwriters even record producers for collaborations.
- Set the overall Company A&R policies and may take part in decisions about high-profile or new artists.
- Work with the PR department in deciding which artiste(s) to scout and promotional plans for the artist(s).
- Associate with record labels, songwriters, record producers and get them to sign publishing deals.
- Research artists who are nearing the end of their contracts with other distributors and attempt to sign them up with the company.
- Sourcing for bigger artists for Zone Out and A3 Sessions to create better quality content.
- Promote and sell the company’s subscription packages and ensuring the team achieves their set monthly sales target on J-World Digital Limited products.
- Candidate should possess relevant academic qualification.
- Candidate should possess relevant experience.
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.