The Deloitte Nigeria is a multinational professional services network. Deloitte is one of the “Big Four” accounting company and the largest professional services network in the world by revenue and number of professionals with headquarters in London, United Kingdom. Deloitte serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender and Gender Based Violence Adviser (State level)
Job Type: Contract
- The Gender Adviser will ensure that gender issues are analysed and are informing project interventions at the state level.
- This Specialist will also ensure that project activities and implementation are done in accordance with the Policies both environmental and social.
- Support the implementation of gender and gender-based violence (GBV – prevention and mitigation) strategies to address GBV issues across the project. This will include supporting the State Project Coordination Unit on all aspects of GBV and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) risk identification, mitigation and management under the project.
- Support the design and implementation of project gender analysis
- Ensure that all project activities across the various project components are gender sensitive and are designed to benefit women at the community level, increasing their economic and social empowerment
- Facilitate gender trainings with project staff and program stakeholders for project staff and community stakeholders at the State level
- In collaboration with the BC Advisers at the State level, support addressing social norms with champions including traditional, religious and community leaders
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to gender and safeguards dimensions
- Liaise with technical component leaders to ensure that gender considerations are assessed and accounted for
- Ensure that the Consultations/ Stakeholders Engagement Plan includes provisions or a communication strategy to inform potential risks and impacts on local communities related to GBV and the existing mitigation measures
- Based on the project’s initial GBV risk assessment, prepare internal guidelines defining the approach for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of SEA/GBV prevention and response on the project that could be used as a framework
- Post graduate degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies, Political Science, Anthropology, Sociology or other related fields.
- Five to seven years of experience in programme management of gender equality, gender mainstreaming or women empowerment policies/projects/programmes.
- Well-versed with working in MS office environment
- Good communication skill in English (both written and oral)
- Ability to work as part of a team
Application Closing Date