Ebonyi workers today (Monday) 18/12/17 organised a grand reception in honour of the extraordinary achievements of the Executive Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief Engr. Dr. David Nweze Umahi (FNSE, FNATE).
The basis for this event is to publicly show their unflinching support of the state workers to the Gov. Umahi’s administration.
Some of the highlighted reasons for this events which are not obtainable in many other states are:
– Payment of workers salaries as at and when due as against other states were state workers are owed more than 11 months without payment which has resulted in most of them taking their own lives.
– Massive infrastructural developments in the state which helps and add value to the lives of the workers and made their activities more lively and easy.
– The uncommon 13th months salary which is a bonus for a job well done within the year.
– The nearly completed water reticulation which is ongoing across the state. This project which has been completed in some parts of the state goes a long way in improving the living standard of the workers.
– Payment of Leave Allowances for 2 years. This is another shocker to the Ebonyi State workers, many never believed it but it is actually a reality. The joy that gladden the hearts of the civil servants as they received their 2 year leave allowances knows no bounds.
– 10,000 Naira Christmas Bonus alert which is currently trooping into the workers accounts as alert and this didn’t exclude 2 bags of Rice each for every Ebonyi worker.
– The release of funds for civil servants as a loan to enable them take part in the agriculture programmes in the state.
The above is to mention but very few and these has made Ebonyi workers to unanimously support Governor Umahi’s administration as they have decided to honour the government with a tittle of “Ezi Enyi Ndi Oru 1 of Ebonyi State”.
In return, the Governor had yesterday made his point clear that no worker in Ebonyi State will be owed even a penny as at today, Monday 18/12/17.
The Governor has already approved special christmas package for Ebonyi Workers.