Are you looking for Current Grants in Nigeria 2021/2022 & How to Apply Online Or Are you searching for Current Federal Government Grants for 2021. See Topgist.com.ng for ongoing grants in Nigeria 2021. Call for Applications: International Dialogue Centre (KAICIID) are looking for organizations and dialogue platforms in Nigeria! If you are working to promote peacebuilding and interreligious dialogue in the region, apply now.
Grants in Nigeria 2021/2022 | Current 2021 Grants for Nigerians. Are you looking forward to getting Grant in Nigeria? Do you have all the necessary requirements? If yes, then keep reading as you’ll see how to apply for latest Federal Government 2021 Grants Opportunities.
About International Dialogue Centre (KAICIID)
KAICIID is an intergovernmental organization whose mandate is to promote the use of dialogue globally to prevent and resolve conflict, to enhance understanding and cooperation.
Funding opportunities will be added to this page as they become available.
Deadline for Applications: May 30, 2021
KAICIID invites applications from registered African agricultural cooperatives, producer groups, processors, and enterprises for grant financing. Grants will support solutions that extend your organizations’ own capabilities to increase your revenues, create jobs, improve farmer incomes, and achieve sustainable market-based growth.
The International Dialogue Centre (KAICIID) funds small scale short-term initiatives in Nigeria that focus on building bridges between diverse religious, ethnic, political and regional communities. Grants are up to a maximum of 4.000 EUR.
Grants must address one of the following four areas of activity:
- enhancing the role of interreligious dialogue (IRD) in promoting public health and responding to COVID-19 outbreak;
- promoting freedom of religion and belief, including countering violent extremism and promoting the protection of cultural heritage and holy sites;
- countering and preventing hate Speech in the name of religion, including through advocacy for policy changes; and
- promoting IRD and fostering social cohesion by building bridges between diverse religious, ethnic, political and regional communities.
Preference will be given to innovative approaches and projects which empower women and youth.
Specific attention will be given to projects that aim to target policy makers and promote policy change or discussions.
Please note that only proposals submitted within the deadline can be considered, consisting of
- the online application form
- a detailed project proposal as per the template made available
- detailed budget as per the template made available
- detailed workplan
- a scan of the CAC registration
- CV of the project lead
Please provide electronic documents (Word, Excel), no photocopies or scans (except for the CAC registration).
Before submitting project proposals, applicants should carefully review the selection criteria, which serve as the basis for project evaluation. Deadline: 30 May.
Required Proposal Documents:
Download the project proposal template
Download the budget template
And then the workplan template
Successful project proposals will fulfill most of the following requirements:
- Implementation and networking capacities of the applicant: Priority will be given to applicants that have the required capacities at the technical level, as well as the networking capacities, to implement projects on the ground;
- Level of alignment with KAICIID’s mandate (mission and strategic aims): All projects must be focused on IRD for Peace and Reconciliation, as well as with the specific objectives of the call for proposals;
- Priority consideration will be given to proposals which entail collaboration across religious lines;
- Impact of the project: # of people reached or impacted by the project;
- Clarity, feasibility and practicality of the proposal (regarding its objectives and deliverables);
- Sustainability, replicability & scalability of the project: Proposals that are sustainable or potentially replicable will be prioritized;
- Gender sensitiveness: A priority will be given to proposals that target equally men and women as beneficiaries or target groups;
- Policy Link: priority will be given to projects that clearly outline how they aim to influence policies and/or policy makers.
- Youth engagement: Consideration will also be given to proposals that target the youth in promoting interreligious and intercultural co-existence.
In addition to the above criteria, due consideration will be given by the committee to the following:
- Geographical scope: According to the country specifics, the focus can be placed on projects taking place in a specific region within the country or on initiatives aiming at a national impact;
- Categories/types of projects: The selection committee might decide to allocate the available resources to different categories of proposals, to have a good balance between them. The categories that could be taken into consideration include, for e.g., advocacy, capacity-building, publications, media and communication, awareness-raising, social media campaigns, etc.
Organizations must be registered under Nigerian law in order to qualify.
Grants will be transferred in Euros to selected organizations and to bank accounts in the name of the organization only.
Curious about previous grant projects? Learn more here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I apply for a grant, even if my organization is not legally registered in Nigeria?
No, only organizations registered under Nigerian law can be considered. However, it is possible to partner with a Nigerian organization and apply for a joint grant.
Can I apply for a grant to support a project outside of Nigeria?
No, only projects which will be implemented in Nigeria can be considered.
Will I be informed if my application was received?
No, only successful candidates will be informed.
Who can I reach out to if I have any questions?
I applied for a grant with KAICIID previously, can I apply again?
Yes, however, please make sure to use the templates provided and consider the updated selection criteria for the Nigeria Grants.
Interested in learning more about our work? Follow us below on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube
Are you a religious leader looking for world-class dialogue training and international experience? The KAICIID International Fellows Programme is also open for applications. Learn more here.