Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Compensation & Benefits – Cement Industry
Job Type: Full time
- Drive the implementation of approved policies and programs to actualize DCP Nigeria and across Pan Africa’s compensation strategy.
- Oversee the management of employee welfare to ensure DCP remunerations are competitive and incorporate best practices to keep employees motivated.
- Manage execution of the DCP’s compensation strategy in Nigeria and across Pan Africa.
- Drive the conduct of benchmark surveys to identify new compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing salary rates to develop a more competitive compensation plan for DCP employees.
- Oversee execution of monthly payroll and approve periodic reconciliations on total compensation.
- Demonstrate ownership for accurate and timely remission of employees’ income taxes, insurance and other group approved benefits.
- Oversee and approve final computation of benefits for exiting staff.
- Review and approve submission of reports on compensation and benefits to the Group Chief Human Resource Officer and other relevant authorities.
- Champion the analysis of responses from exiting employees in DCP and provide recommendations to management on results related to compensation and benefits.
- Manage relationships with internal (finance) and external (tax or other) representatives to ensure seamless and timely performance of the department’s activities.
- Provide accurate details of total (or changes to) payroll costs and other compensation-related information, and relevant recommendations to Management for informed decision making.
- Oversee the activities of junior officers and provide guidance as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Group Chief Human Resource Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Post graduate degree in an HR related discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of twenty seven (27) years relevant work experience.
- Very good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- In-depth knowledge of salary structure and development, typical benefits and compensation and other such related activities.
- Up-to-date knowledge of market/ industry information on compensation and benefits.
- Sound understanding of payroll management systems and ability to perform complex trouble-shooting operations.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Very good business writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools especially MS Excel
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online