Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit and Control
Job Type: Full time
Industry: Financial Services
- The job holder will formulate and execute company control processes, and complete periodic revenue assurance checks inline with defined organization risk assessments.
- Responsibilities include providing reasonable assurance on the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management and the strength of internal control.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the group and its subsidiaries
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and business satisfaction
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to internal control best practices
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention
- Perform internal controls assessments of acquired companies or joint venture projects and lead efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee, if necessary
- Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis
- Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the information systems group as needed
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work
- Serve as the key point person on all regulatory exams and other third-party audits KPIs.
- Minimum of first degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or similar role. MBA or Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ cumulative work experience in a similar role in the financial servicing industry
- Professional Membership: ICAN, ACCA, ACA is required
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted Auditing Standards
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
- Effective communication and planning and time management
- Critical thinking and analysis, tenacity, ethics and human relations skills
- Technology Proficient (excel, word, Visio, ability to learn new software)
Application Closing Date