Bolt (formally Taxify) is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a ride-hailing app to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker and more reliable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Legal – Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking to hire our first Legal Counsel in Africa to lead and develop the legal presence across the continent.
- This person will be responsible for legal support across the region with regard to all aspects of Bolt’s business and together with the team in the headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia ensure a seamless and full service to the business teams across the continent.
- This person will also have a big role to play in strategic support and guidance to the company in region, working on issues that impact not only the business of Bolt but also touch the lives of people in countries across the continent.
What you’ll be doing
- Day-to-day legal support to Bolt and its regional subsidiaries in Africa.
- Develop the legal function in territory as a critical partner and trusted advisor to the business leadership in region
- Support expansion to new markets and the roll-out of new products
- Manage and coordinate external legal support
- Provide input and feedback to senior leadership on the business model and execution
- Drive change and development in Bolt business, using your voice to affect change for better
- Anticipate legal and commercial risks and advise and assist the business to prepare for them
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the legal team to ensure seamless execution and support
- Work closely with the other corporate functions to ensure the right level of oversight that can protect and promote Bolt’s business
- You have completed a legal qualification from a reputable law school
- You are a qualified lawyer
- You have 4-8 years of experience, preferably at a law firm or an international company with direct experience of working in Africa
- Location in one of the countries where Bolt has an existing presence
- You are an excellent communicator both in writing and orally
- You are an analytical thinker who loves to solve problems
- You are organised. You deliver stuff on time
- You recognise the power of personality and can influence others
- You don’t take yourself too seriously
- Motivating compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world.
Application Closing Date