KPMG Nigeria – Our client plays in the Transport and Logistics Industry, offering haulage, cargo, warehousing, and distribution services. The primary objective is to provide total logistics solutions, improve customer satisfaction, reduce distribution time and transportation costs, eliminate factors that cause inefficiency along with the logistics and supply chain industry.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Operations
Job Type: Full time
- Head Operations responsibilities include oversee operational daily activities across cross functional units, designing policies, overseeing customer service and implementing technology solutions.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the organization and ensure growth, profitability and return on investment on its activities.
Skills and Capabilities
- Lead and manage operations and supply chain activities, including but not limited to procurement, logistics, transportation, warehousing, inventory management, customer service.
- Management of the company’s fleet and mechanical handling equipment’s (MHE)
- Interface with other business units’ managers – planning, sourcing, procurement, logistics, engineering, assets/facilities, operations, warehouse, inventory, transport and distribution to ensure the organization desired objectives are met
- Track key performance indicators on operations activities including timeliness, lead time, total cost of ownership (TCO), supply scheduling, routing planning, inventory optimization, obsolescence, service delivery and costs savings.
- Manage the organization’s planning, finance, human resources, sourcing, procurement, logistics, warehouse, inventory, quality control, security and annual costs.
- Ensure employee compliance with organization’s health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies.
- Manage the Company’s supply chain and coordinate the maintenance of the company’s fleet
- Inventory and warehouse management
- Manage customer database and ensure open communication with major customers
- Ensure smooth and successful deliveries
- Create and manage the website and mobile app
- Work closely with the Sales and Market department on sales and marketing strategies
- Conduct risk management exercises and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- First Degree from a reputable tertiary institution in Transport, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing & Sales, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar role
- M.Sc/MBA is an added advantage
- Professional certification in logistics and supply chain
- Strong knowledge of logistics management for efficient service delivery
- Proven track record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experience leading and managing a sizeable team.
- Expertise in logistics, inventory and warehouse management.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All applications will be treated in confidence. Only eligible candidates will be contacted.