PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a Development Finance institution involved in providing short and medium-term loans, risk bearing services as well as trade and market information and export advisory services to the Nigerian export community.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Remedial Management
Reference Number: 130-PEO01180
Job Type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder will:
- Develop and implement strategies to proactively manage delinquent credit facilities and take appropriate action for subsequent recovery.
- Direct and coordinate Bank-wide loan recovery activities to achieve set management objectives.
- Articulate and develop the department’s strategy, ensure alignment with the Bank’s strategic objectives and provide support in its execution.
- Approve and coordinate the execution of the department’s work program and plans.
- Oversee loan recovery and work out activities in the Bank and provide regular update to executive management.
- Approve all transactions in the banking application relating to capturing of repayments and recovery loans.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and update of the watch loan list.
- Liaise with Credit Administration unit to identify loans for restructuring.
- Recommend loans for restructuring to executive management for consideration/approval.
- Restructure loans i.e. loan work out and handover to Credit Administration.
- Convene and facilitate meeting with significant delinquent customers to negotiate the possibility of mutually beneficial settlement arrangements.
- Approve the appointment of auctioneers and valuers to assist in realising the value of mortgaged property or collateral, as well as solicitors and recovery agents to recover debts owed the bank.
- Liaise with the Board Secretariat/ Legal Affairs Department with respect to contract negotiation and drafting as well as court cases.
- Continuously liaise with auctioneers, solicitors and recovery agents to ensure effectiveness of the recovery effort.
- Recommend waiver/ write off debt to management for consideration/ approval.
- Ensure critical lessons learnt and other information gathered during the recovery effort are fed back and shared with other relevant functions in order to improve the Bank’s overall credit risk management practices.
- Ensure adequate and proper documentation of all debt recovery efforts.
- Coordinate the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Review and authorise key expenditures and transactions in line with the approved budget and authority limit.
- Review departmental performance and conduct performance appraisal of unit heads.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity and performance reports to the MD/CEO.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the MD / CEO.
- First Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Law or other related disciplines.
- MBA or relevant higher Business Degree.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience with at least three (3) years managerial experience.
- Knowledge of early warning signals and ability to identify potentially troubled accounts and put in place remediation measures.
- Possession of credit restructuring skills.
- Strong personal qualities and possession of the necessary wherewithal to engage debtors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to make presentations to Management/ Board and other stakeholders as may be required.
- Significant understanding of the operations of an Export Credit Agency.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willingness to travel extensively across project sites and work extra hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives.
- General understanding of the objectives and purpose of a development finance institution.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.