PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a development finance institution involved in providing short and medium-term loans, risk bearing services as well as trade and market information and export advisory services to the Nigerian export community.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Specialised Business
Reference No.: 130-PEO01179
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder will:
- Establish strategic alliances and manage the sourcing of specialised funds e.g. concessionary loans, lines of credit etc.
- Champion the development of innovative products and services.
- Facilitate the provision of best-in-class advisory services through the maintenance of a robust database of industry, market and country assessment reports, trade information etc.
- Articulate and develop the department’s strategy, ensure alignment with the Bank’s strategic objectives and provide support in its execution.
- Approve and coordinate the execution of the department’s work program and plans.
- Seek and establish strategic alliances with multilateral agencies.
- Facilitate the sourcing of specialised funds from government and other agencies.
- Liaise with relevant government authority/ agencies to manage export credit funds.
- Oversee the identification of qualified projects/ sectors that could benefit from sourced funds.
- Liaise with Business Development Department to act as interface between sources of funds and users of funds i.e. the beneficiary customers.
- Coordinate the identification of opportunities for structured trade/ project finance and financing window for co-financing, syndication and equity investment collaboration arrangements with co-lenders.
- Ensure that fees, premiums, interest and principal (for sourced funds) are paid to lenders.
- Collaborate with Strategic Planning and Business Development Departments to develop business opportunities for the Bank to create additional income streams.
The role holder will:
- Coordinate the continuous review of existing products and services to identify improvement opportunities in line with customer needs and market realities.
- Oversee the development of new products and refinement of existing ones to meet customer needs and trends.
- Coordinate new product/ services launch.
- Develop a competitive pricing strategy for all NEXIM Bank’s products/services.
- Facilitate the pricing process for new products and services as well as the pricing review of existing products and services.
- Ensure periodic review update of the product and services guidelines to reflect market realities.
- Oversee the research and analysis function, including deployment of the requisite skills and technology for industry, market and country assessments.
- Coordinate the development of thought leadership publications for sale to exporters, the government, other DFIs and the public.
- Oversee the provision of advisory services i.e. feasibility studies, business plan development etc. to exporters, the government, other DFIs and the public.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the departments policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Review and authorize key expenditures and transactions in line with the approval budget and authority limit.
- Review departmental performance and conduct performance appraisal of unit heads.
- Prepare and submit monthly activity and performance reports to the ED, Business Development.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the ED, Business Development.
- First degree or its equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline.
- A Master’s degree/ MBA or professional qualification in Banking, Accounting or other related field will be advantage.
- Minimum of Eighteen (18) years cognate experience with at least three (3) years managerial experience.
- Candidate must have a knack for research, strong analytical skills and proven experience in financial advisory services.
- Knowledge in designing and selling specialist products, including syndications, co-financing arrangements and club deals.
- Experience in Private Equity/ Venture Capital or investment banking as well as working with bilateral/ multilateral institutions will be an added advantage.
- Strong networking skills and ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments to discuss transactions and partnership opportunities.
- Significant understanding of operations of an Export Credit Agency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to make presentations to Management/ Board and other stakeholders as may be required.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work extra hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives.
- General understanding of the objectives and purposes of a development finance institution.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2021.