IDMANN Institute provides training in professional development and technical entrepreneurship through our College of General Studies and the School of Experiential Learning, respectively. We also provide secondary and pre-secondary tutorial services through IDMANN Academy. All our courses are offered online in live sessions with seasoned instructors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Home Economics – Family & Consumer Sciences Instructor
Employment Type: Contract
We are looking for instructors in the following subject areas:
- Home Economics – Family & Consumer Sciences (Fashion, Personal style & Garment making)
- Home Economics – Family & Consumer Sciences (Cooking, Food & Nutrition)
Prospective applicants should note the following:
- Instructors should expect to be engaged approximately 20 hours per week.
- We expect the home economics instructor to be able to cover introductory cooking, baking, and sewing for a small class of middle-school students. The instructor will also be expected to provide relevant and scientifically-grounded information on nutrition, fitness, and wellness, in general. The learning process must emphasize the different cultural, social, and historical contexts of food and fashion.
- Prior experience teaching online or familiarity with an online teaching engagement is critical in this position.
Intending instructors must have all of the following:
- A reliable laptop or desktop running Windows 10, equipped with a good quality webcam and microphone, keyboard and mouse (or touchpad), as no instruction will be permitted over a handheld or mobile device.
- Stable, reliable broadband internet access.
- Space from which to provide daily instruction to students, free of distraction or intrusion during class sessions.
- Availability: five days a week (at specific times to be preset by the class timetable
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 2 – 5 years Experience.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover Letter and a Resume clearly outlining their teaching experience with specific references to any teaching certifications, where applicable to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Interested candidates must submit all of the following:
- A cover letter that outlines their specific experience and how it relates to this position.
- A current resume.
- Applications submitted without a cover letter will be deemed non-responsive.
- Position is open and interviews will continue till position is filled.