The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSS Officer
Job Identification: 797
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Category: Security
- Implement NRC’s HSS Policies and guidelines in Plateau State
- Conduct regular security risk assessments of NRC offices, Guest Houses in order to implement mitigation measures guided by the MOISS standards.
- Conduct HSS Briefing and Induction to all staff, new hired and visitors to Plateau state. Keep recorded of all briefing conducted following the informed consent guideline.
- In Collaboration with the HSS Coordinator, he/she will support in conducting mandatory HSS training to NRC staff deployed in Plateau State.
- Supervise contacted security guards and act as liaison with the security guard company management.
- Ensure that all incidents impacting NRC staff, assets and programs in Plateau are reported and documented in NRC Protect Platform.
- Develop a staff travel tracking system in collaboration with the HSS CMC in Maiduguri Country Office.
- Liaison with UN agencies, NGOs and other external actors for the purposes of information sharing and collaboration in Plateau State.
- Collate and prepare a weekly security report of Plateau state and submitting to AM and HSSC.
- Work closely with HSS Humanitarian Access Coordinator to report, track and monitor access challenges, enablers and constraints.
- Give regular daily context update to the Area Manager before commencement of field activities.
- Make available different key contact persons in different LGA where NRC will be implementing activities.
- Ensure that access control procedures to the Office/Guest House are in place and adequately enforced by the security guards.
- Is a member of the COVID – 19 Area Office Committee and works with the Area Manager to implement COVID – 19 prevention measures in NRC office.
- Liaison with different stakeholders and support the Area Manager in organizing meetings when required.
- Support Logistic Team to conduct safety assessment of vehicles rented for use by NRC
- Ensure that all communication equipment (Satellite phones, GPS trackers) are in good working condition and available for use by staff.
- Conduct daily staff headcount and report to HSS CMC
Professional competencies for this position:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with non-government stakeholders
- Strong Report-writing ability and security incident analysis
- 1 to 2 years of working experience within a similar function in safety and security management with INGOs, the UN, or government or private sector.
- Previous experience from working in complex and emergency contexts, particularly in North-East Nigeria is desired
- University or advanced degree in Social Studies, Administration, Security Management, Humanitarian/Refugee Affairs, and Disaster Risk Management. HND in relevant similar field will be considered.
- Previous work experience and service in the uniformed forces (military, police, Prisons, NCDC, etc) is a desired advantage. Certificate of good service discharge will be required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Understanding of local language is mandatory (Hausa, Birom, Fulani etc)
- Basic and advanced computer skills is mandatory ( MS Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Working skills of communication equipment (VHF Radio, Satellite Phones, GPS tracker)
- Basic web-based mapping knowledge or GIS
Application Closing Date
10:46 AM;18th February, 2021.